Weihrauch HW100 .177

Scully

Have used a mates model of this rifle but in .22 and was mightily impressed. Just the job for snooping around the barns and sheds on local caravan site where I do a bit of vermin control.

I have seen a version in .177 with a fully shrouded barrel instead of a mod', and think it's the dogs proverbials. It would be used for bunnies around the caravan site plus all manner of corvids which carp all over them. With this in mind any thoughts regarding .177 over .22?

One mate has always favoured .177 over .22 because of its flatter trajectory, while another has always tended to side on the heavier impact of the .22, a side I've always agreed with frankly, but having no experience of .177 other than an ancient Webley the kids used to plink with, I'm a little undecided.

The model i've seen really does look the biz. Not bothered about resale value as if it does the job by reaching to the tops of the rookery it wont be getting sold.

Hello scully the version you are on about is the fsb I use to have one from new in .177 it was the dogs ... I only got rid because I don't like side levers and was not as nice to look at as my next gun a bsa r10 mk2 which was bolt action which I liked a lot till it went wrong time and time again after 8 month's off it breaking I really wish I had kept the hw100 fsb as it was a really good rifle very quiet and even quiter with a mod .

also .177 I favour over .22 as it allows you a bit of error if you miss judge your distance a bit and is more forgiving at night when its even harder to judge distance say from 12 yards to 35 ish you will be shooting flat (depending on pellet weight and your rifles lbfts) where as in .22 its hold over or under .

stopping power wise .177 or .22 does not matter imho its all about putting that pellet in the right place for a clean kill!

I've shot both and have to say .177 upto the 12lb limit .

But that's just how I see it hope this helps .

To Turbo33. Just watched the clip that you posted and I thought it was one of the best I've seen. I own a HW100KT myself in 177 and cant believe just how accurate it is. Pellet after pellet after pellet just seems to follow each other to the first one I shot. Thank you for putting that clip up. Greg.

To Turbo33. Just watched the clip that you posted and I thought it was one of the best I've seen. I own a HW100KT myself in 177 and cant believe just how accurate it is. Pellet after pellet after pellet just seems to follow each other to the first one I shot. Thank you for putting that clip up. Greg.

Yup, I have one too. I quite fancy changing for something else, but it is so stupidly accurate, there is no possibility of finding anything better!