Peas again

matone

Went back to a field on Sunday afternoon that we shot Tuesday.Set up at other end of field.Shot 36 between 3 and 6.15 when it dried up.Pigeons decoyed very well and were sporty in a decent wind ! A very enjoyable late afternoon and think I`ll get another go yet.One thing is quite notable ,mobs of adult birds and very few young ones .

Went back to a field on Sunday afternoon that we shot Tuesday.Set up at other end of field.Shot 36 between 3 and 6.15 when it dried up.Pigeons decoyed very well and were sporty in a decent wind ! A very enjoyable late afternoon and think I`ll get another go yet.One thing is quite notable ,mobs of adult birds and very few young ones .

Well done

Its a little early yet to be seeing numbers of young ones in the bag , I shot 77 on Saturday and only had three young birds , but come September they often make up 75% or more of the bag.

The first hour was the busiest by far after that most were singles or 2 and 3 birds.It was as good sport as it gets for me,it`s as much shooting as you need to enjoy a few hours in the hide.Did get half a dozen almost mature young birds.