E.J Churchill evening shoots

buze

Shot the 50 bird yesterday afternoon.

Mostly a decent layout apart from a couple of silly ones at the end.

An enjoyable way to spend a hour or so before the pub.

Couldnt make it this thursday, but I will do both Wednesday and Thursday this week!

Anyone else for shooting this week then? Apparently should be nice weather, if a bit fresh... I've been practicing last week-end (shot an entire slab on friday!) so I hope this starts to show on my scores on the multi-trap thing :-)

Mod: could you please rename the thread to relate to this 'evening' shoot sessions instead of caddied rounds?

Anyone else for shooting this week then? Apparently should be nice weather, if a bit fresh... I've been practicing last week-end (shot an entire slab on friday!) so I hope this starts to show on my scores on the multi-trap thing :-)

I won't be there tonight or tomorrow but will be back next week

I shot today, very good set up as always and I just ducked the rain, nothing kills your card like unsolicited 'help' from the trappers.. 'Only chipped that one, give it a bit more lead ... Miss!' Yeah, thanks very much!

I shot yesterday as well -- what sort of time do you do? I go very early (3 -- 3:30) as my work is 10 minutes away.. I definitely missed the rain.

Did you hit the high one from the high tower? that was a stonker! Took my a little while to get the hang of it -- luckily Mark the caddy at that stand is very nice, and if you come early and there's nobody else around he gives you a couple of 'free' extra birds to miss :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Where did that number come from?

I shot the 100 bird the first Thursday of this month and it was £37

The layout was very good,much better than the 50's

These are 'special' events. The late-evening shots are the same; that works out because the caddies man the stands; the 'regular' price on a 'normal' day without a special event is from their website...

Mind you they have yet another offer here; with a 125 clays/one hour/ 50 quid; with a caddy and/or an insutructor (not sure, not specified) and I'm not sure if this includes cartridges or not....

Uyb0ldC.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Went shooting earlier. Did soso, but the targets were very nice! It was windy, so the low house of the skeet range was a little bit 'special' (that's my excuse anyway). The second skeet range had been converted to a 'compact compak' with /very/ nice targets. The sim pairs are particularly nice and challenging! Also a 'flying rabbit' that is quite fun! Anyway, I peaked at 18/25 and more or less gave up, but that was very fun...

Also, it seems the trapper/caddy on that stand is a member of the forum ;-)

These are 'special' events. The late-evening shots are the same; that works out because the caddies man the stands; the 'regular' price on a 'normal' day without a special event is from their website...

Mind you they have yet another offer here; with a 125 clays/one hour/ 50 quid; with a caddy and/or an insutructor (not sure, not specified) and I'm not sure if this includes cartridges or not....

Uyb0ldC.jpg

It won't include cartridges.

Cat.