Sowing.

crowcaller

Had a look at a perm that was to be sown a couple of weeks ago but due to the rain it was done yesterday.this perm has at times a good few crows , so knowing they like one of the sown fields I set out at 1.30.only about 60 crows when I arrived walked them off and sat and watched ,birds started to return so set up in a hawthorn hedge with 8 decoys first bird came in and was shot ,the noise put up a few pigeons from trees over a road one that I got was put out to one side crows returned in dribs and every one shot was added to the pattern . It was very pleased t sitting in the sun with a light wind , about 3 30 a few more pigeons began to move and I had a good long bird this also was put out had some good sport with pigeons and crows finished up with 21 crows and 7 pigeons. Not a big bag but very enjoyable for a couple of hours .

I will be doing exactly the same tomorrow, I've hammered the pigeons on the adjoining rape fields and watched several hundred corvids begin to assemble on some freshly sewn spring wheat, so I'm leaving the last of the pigeons to recover and setting up for the huge flocks of jackdaws and rooks, should make a nice change for a week or two before we get the call to start shooting over the pea fields. just hope the weather is as good as it was today. :yes::yes: