Cuttin wheat

dob

Most of my farmers have been busy with hay but they are all saying next week there will be combines everywhere if the weather holds, then you get the problem of too many fields combined at the same time.

One field near me is due to be combined this Friday, its a mixture of wheat and barley and its as flat as a pancake, shot 104 on it yesterday in 3 hours so it might show some birds after combining.

Old un is the field tricale? Or is the farmer actually mixing wheat and barley in same field as never heard of that before.

Be another month afore they start cutting winter wheat in southern scotland.

No its been sown with a barley/wheat mix, seen it a few times around here but the ones I have seen have been a mix of barley/wheat/peas and it was cut and bailed when it was green, I will ask him when I see him what its for, more than likely animal feed.

No its been sown with a barley/wheat mix, seen it a few times around here but the ones I have seen have been a mix of barley/wheat/peas and it was cut and bailed when it was green, I will ask him when I see him what its for, more than likely animal feed.

I suspect they are going to crimp it for use as feed. Unless they take it as whole crop and ensile it.