Cheshire SGC/FAC grant/renwal - GP report request letter

SxS

I applied for a SGS with Cheshire in June. This didn't happen to me either. But then it was very much a case of 'nothing to declare'.

As per above the FAO shoots herself and seemed to be pretty understanding.

It was odd though that I'd moved house just before applying and had changed GP. About a month after getting my SGS the firearms office rang me to say that they'd contacted the new medical centre and they'd been told that they had none of my records (yet). Managed to straighten it out easily enough but thought it odd that the Cert was issued before they'd checked my medical records.

The only other frustration with Cheshire was the quoted 16 weeks to process.... then getting the SGS within 5 weeks. Not sure why they do it, the only reasons I could think of would be to discourage new applicants or maybe some form of protest at budget cuts. Not that I'm complaining too much, it's better than being quoted 16 weeks and waiting 16 weeks!

I have just finished the farce of moving house and having the relevant address details altered on my SGC with Cheshire.

• First they wanted my original before they would send in the replacement (no - I need it to buy carts etc) BASC helped me out with this - thanks again BASC NW.
  • Then they sent out the replacement but t was missing one of my guns
  • Then I got a call saying they would only send it out after inspecting the new cabinet (fine, no problem with that)
  • Then a new (Correct) one just arrived in the post
  • Still not heard from the FAO about a visit to inspect the cabinet.

Good luck to all dealing with them

Have just moved home and installed three cabinets plus ammo safe last Friday.

FEO visited this morning and checked everything was as it should be and then wrote my new address on both my S7's, signed them, and took my expired tickets with him.

All pretty straightforward, but it's still going to be May before I get mg new tickets.

Renewals have just got very silly. One of the boxes my FEO had to fill included any medication etc I take. I have been taking a simple blood pressure tablet for ...I don't recollect ...but a long long time. He said he needed the name of the drug etc etc to complete the form. No mention on form about my alcohol intake, illegal drug use etc etc.

Even asked the name of my wife, now why did he need that ? Cannot blame the messenger, he is just doing what he is told by numties like The Rt.Hon Brandon Lewis who think these interventions into our private lives keep firearms out of the hands of criminals(see BASC Mag Jan/Feb). If they issued a life time license to everyone who required one tomorrow the criminal use of firearms would not change one iota.

• 1 month later...