xbox 360

viking

hi all, im thinking of getting an xbox and as they start at £130 to just over £200at argos, i was wondering what the differance is between the core, arcade, premium and the elite, it wont be getting loads of use and i only really like driving, golf games and maybe a couple of others, so what one do i get,

cheers, lee

I bought My son a 360 a couple of chrimbos ago and It lasted only a few hours game time before he got the red ring of death :lol:

I had to send the console off to microsoft and was sent back a reconditioned console In It`s place :good:

I was well peeved that I couldn`t get my original one back and ended up with with a totally different one :good:

My son stopped playing the 360 for a while and went back to his ps2 and the wii :good: It`s only the last few months that the 360 has been getting used and It has developed the red ring again :P

I called microsoft up and have been told to go through the whole process again and I`m now waiting on another console being sent back :(

I wouldn`t entertain them again and my son will be getting a ps3 this chrimbo :P

I bought My son a 360 a couple of chrimbos ago and It lasted only a few hours game time before he got the red ring of death :lol:

I had to send the console off to microsoft and was sent back a reconditioned console In It`s place :good:

I was well peeved that I couldn`t get my original one back and ended up with with a totally different one :good:

My son stopped playing the 360 for a while and went back to his ps2 and the wii :good: It`s only the last few months that the 360 has been getting used and It has developed the red ring again :P

I called microsoft up and have been told to go through the whole process again and I`m now waiting on another console being sent back :(

I wouldn`t entertain them again and my son will be getting a ps3 this chrimbo :P

Just to add my input, i got a 360 the day it was launched and hammered it for 3 years, it now gets occasional use but have never had a problem. My mate got his at the same time and is a hardcore games and has hammered it to within an inch of it's life without issue but he's killed 3 PS3's so far.

I can't comment on the PS3 as i don't have one.

Here is a summary of the differences:

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/compare101.htm

Jon.

My partners boy had both PS3 and XBOX360, the gaming experience if far better on XBOX live but you have to pay for the privilege on Xbox where as PS3 is free to go online on Sony network but without doubt xbox live is a far better online experience

When you buy the xbox to go on line if you going wireless instead of using an Ethernet cable you have to purchase a wireless adaptor £60.00 a charging method and rechargeable batteries for the controller£15-20+

The quality of the PS3 picture is fantastic as its the Blueray format and has a the above required additional spec built in, + Blue tooth connectivity ( headphones etc), charging the controllers from cable supplied and in built wireless adaptor,

As its blueray you do have to watch your TV especially older ones as it can take your TV screen !most modern TV's have a gaming mode setting

I have an xbox360 and so does her boy, true the console experienced the red ring of death I contacted Microsoft what a service :picked up from my house FOC repaired and back to me inside 7 working days letter of apology and a ticket for 3 months free xbox live and warranty extension

Now my parners boys console was third hand bought from her daughters fiancee who again bought it off his mate but I still registered in my name it also got the red ring of death I rang Microsoft they knew of the problem from the error code coming up and Microsoft had added 3 years warranty to all Xboxes with this prob, it was picked up next day we had a new one back inside eight days with the same freebies as mine

The early Xbox360's suffered with a heat problem this had now been sorted

you pays your money and takes your choice

Alan

Edited by Alanl50

I bought My son a 360 a couple of chrimbos ago and It lasted only a few hours game time before he got the red ring of death :yes:

I had to send the console off to microsoft and was sent back a reconditioned console In It`s place :)

I was well peeved that I couldn`t get my original one back and ended up with with a totally different one :lol:

My son stopped playing the 360 for a while and went back to his ps2 and the wii :lol: It`s only the last few months that the 360 has been getting used and It has developed the red ring again :)

I wouldn`t entertain them again and my son will be getting a ps3 this chrimbo :)

iv herd there like that, there is no way id be sending it off and getting some recon one, id of been back at the shop demanding a new one or my money back, and i wouldnt of left untill they sorted it out, had the same thing with a phone once, i paid for something and i expected it to work, not to have to send it off, makes my blood boil **** like that,

I got the 'normal' 360 package, with HD (but no HDMI support) and 20Gb HDD. That thing got a good 3 hour going over most nights during my GCSE studies. (Yes, I did underperform in the exams)

It RROD'd after 2 years, just inside th extended warenty, and I got my own box back (I knew it was mine because I scribbled all over it in UV ink) after about 11 days with a new motherboard, and since then it get occasional use and remains fine.

Xbox's are tough, its just the 'lead-free' solder used them is a bit weak apparently. But I'm sure new models are slightly different as I'm sure all the re-fits cos microsoft millions worldwide.

Go for the best Xbox you can afford and you won't go wrong, there great fun and make a good night with a few beers and friends staying indoors hilarious!

You only get 3 year warranty for Red ring, You get 1 year warranty for any other damage.

I had an xbox360 premium when it came out and it lasted 3 years and it got RROD, then i bought a 360 elite and it broke just before the 1 year warranty ended.

I sent it to microsoft and got it back within 2 weeks repaired.

Any ways its all worth it because Xbox360 online is immense.

(cant wait for modernwarfare2!)

I got my lad the premium from currys i pay £1.79 a month for extended warranty for as long as you pay its covered even for accidental damage 6 months ago is stopped reading discs rang the people they said take it back to currys so i did they didnt have a premuim in stock so they gave him an elite right result we were laughing all the way home So i would reccomend buying from currys

Jim

XBOX 360

every time i have had mine four 4+ years and its been hammered hard all they need is good cooling dont tuck it away under the tv or in a cabinet

i have cured ring of death on three machines for people with no second falure XCLAMP AND HEAT CYCLE

Plus i know of two peeps that just had to have the PS3 and they both went back to xbox as the online gaming seemed to be better

now just waiting for FORZA 3

ok i think core is literally the console and a controller, arcade is that but with a few arcade games chucked in, and premium has everthing i.e hardrive. xbox live stuff.

i would personally go for the xbox, the online is so much better, the console is smaller and doesent resemble a sandwhich maker, its cheaper, and if u buy a new one like i did microsoft say they have "fixed" the red ring of death problem, ive had my "new" one about a year and no probs yet....

my gamertag is WHACK A PIGEON (subtle i know) if anyone fancies a whoopin on halo or battlefied bad company haha.

baikal