We couldnt belive our eyes.....

Sammy_D

Well yesterday was the 1st day my boss held his first shoot. Anywho..... As I was feeding my calves I looked out into one of the paddocks where there is a bit of maize cover and low and behold what did I see standing there in the middle of about 40 odd pheasants..... a dam fox!!!!

Just stood still looking. Looks like it didnt even want to eat the birds. It would have made a fantastic picture for a shooting mag. As I called over the guns ( they couldnt get their quick enough to shoot it) the fox just walked off into the corner of the cover with all birds following it. Was almost like they were chasing it away.

Was such a brillant thing to watch. Anyone else seen anythings like this?

Thanks

Sam

yes one caught me off gaurd the other day walked right across my path when i had my shotgun , i was that slow and day dreaming i didnt have time to point the gun lol :blink:

Snap - Was on a shoot one/beat one on Saturday and a fox walked straight past me - Only trouble was i was so knackered after beating through woods going uphill, i just couldn't be bothered to raise my gun.

:good::good: Yes it is surprising how casual the pheasants can get with foxes, your fox will be round the pens first thing most mornings and the birds are used to it, and know how far away they need to be safe, I've watched birds getting up to fly five or six yards, may be ten yards to get themselves somewhere safe, but always keeping an eye on foxy.

May I suggest an early morning or 3 sat back down wind with a rifle say 150 to 200 yards away and have a look see :good: :yp: :good:

Not exactly the same but I remember we were hunting foxes with terriers years ago and I could see the fox moving in front of the terriers...then suddenly the fox stepped of the pad and waited literally 2 yards away till the terriers ran past and stepped back onto the pad and casually walked the opposite direction. Will never forget it & for once I was more than happy to see that fox escape because it deserved to.