Banger ropes

wils

Sorry if this is really obvious.....

Where can you get banger ropes from?

Are some banger ropes bettter than others?

Where should you place them when out shooting?

:blink:

cheers

Hi mate, I get mine from the farmers i shoot for but you can by them from doe's or this link for online.

http://www.countrystoredirect.com/acatalog/Birdscaring.html

I've found both types (ones from Doe's & thunder ropes) to be about the same. They bang around every half hour (if it's really windy then bit quicker)

& there's there's no hard & fast rule of where to put them but the trick is to watch the birds in the area your shooting to keep them on the move, One of the fields i shoot is a hundred acres + and i use a couple on it some times all depends on what's the birds are doing.

Hope this helps. Kind regards Tristram

Most good agricultural merchants will sell them, fill in your profile and you might get some leads.

Yes, some are better than others, most go bang every 20 or 30 minutes, you don't want to be right next to it when it goes off. :blink:

You should place them on the upwind side of any field you want to keep the birds off, obviously keep them away from footpaths, bridleways or anywhere that ramblers / horses might get to.

I bought a bulk order from these people, works out cheaper:

http://www.countrystoredirect.com/acatalog/Birdscaring.html

I use them a lot, particularly over Winter Rape, nothing more frustrating than seeing the birds piling onto a nearby field as they will feed quite happily all day and you won't get much sport.

Cat.

Black cat super magnum 12 x bangs per rope £4 per rope,these are really good and very loud,farmers merchants stock them,places like scats,or firework shops,or google it.I use them when i need to keep birds on the move,and off certain areas,also usefull when only a couple of guns can turn out for the day,BUT BE VERY CAREFUL where you place them,if you have public footpaths/bridleways probalbly best to place them well away from these areas,or you could end up in trouble :blink: Hope this helps :blink: BB

Hi

IM putting them out for the Farmer what he has done is to cut the bottom off a 45 gallon drum then cut an opening in the side at the opposite end of the opening close to the top then banged a post in ground, slid the drum over the post and then nailed the drum to the post, hanging nail at the top of the post inside the drum obviously, all I do is light the rope put it through the side opening hook it up and bingo its protected from the wind /rain and PUBLIC these are stationed in the middle of the rape fields

Clever old boy aint he :blink:

Alan

Hi

IM putting them out for the Farmer what he has done is to cut the bottom off a 45 gallon drum then cut an opening in the side at the opposite end of the opening close to the top then banged a post in ground, slid the drum over the post and then nailed the drum to the post, hanging nail at the top of the post inside the drum obviously, all I do is light the rope put it through the side opening hook it up and bingo its protected from the wind /rain and PUBLIC these are stationed in the middle of the rape fields

Clever old boy aint he :blink:

Alan

Sorted :blink: BB

Just in case you ever consider that it might be fun to use them like bangers (fireworks), and i am in no way advocating this! Make sure you use the ones WITH the GREEN fuses, NOT the RED ones. As soon as the reds ones appear to be lit, they have gone off in your hand :unsure: I have both my hands and all my fingers, one particular person I know is lucky that he does too.

I have found rookies to be a help when i am trying to cover a huge area of rape on my own. With a bit of reconnaissance you can place the strings of rookies to keep the pigeons moving around your target area. If overused it can become inneffective.

ft

www.molevalleyfarmers.com We sell the portek 1's...They seems to be very popular down here.....

MoleValley wont deliver and they are a trade distributor. They'll just point you towards a local dealer. However you'll find that they sell them for £25 and the place they give you will be selling the exact same for £38. :good:

EDIT: I'm not saying you can't buy anything from MV, as I have bought loads. It's just a tad annoying that I can't get the fabulous MV price and not the over the top highstreet price.

Edited by harfordwmj

MoleValley wont deliver and they are a trade distributor. They'll just point you towards a local dealer. However you'll find that they sell them for £25 and the place they give you will be selling the exact same for £38. :good:

EDIT: I'm not saying you can't buy anything from MV, as I have bought loads. It's just a tad annoying that I can't get the fabulous MV price and not the over the top highstreet price.

Why is it then that we sell them in our store for £25.....Why would you think there a trade outlet....??...Someones telling you porkys mate.......Mole valley is not a trade outlet...Their a public countrystore....anyone can shop there........Nothing to do with trade.....I work for them at branch level....

Edited by smig4373

Why is it then that we sell them in our store for £25.....Why would you think there a trade outlet....??...Someones telling you porkys mate.......Mole valley is not a trade outlet...Their a public countrystore....anyone can shop there........Nothing to do with trade.....I work for them at branch level....

nope, not a trade outlet, i baught my gun cabinet from there and had to pay 8 quid delivery and it was still £50 cheaper than all the local and online gunshops.

plus it was being delivered from well over 100 miles away in cornwall

I did say that they were £25 from MV. However I also said that you can buy stuff from there, I think I said trade a bit loosely. When I called up to buy them, they said they can't deliver them because they're explosives and pointed me towards a reseller near Luton Airport. The reseller had upped the price so high that I didn't bother buying them.

Probably from the store i work at...... :good::yes:

[/quote/]

the cabinet was on the shop floor on display once apon a time because we looked in there when we were on holiday and it had a sporting shooter in it for the current time, then when i ordered my cabinet about 3 months later it came from the same store because it also had the same sporting shooter inside it.

Probably from the store i work at...... :good:

the cabinet was on the shop floor on display once apon a time because we looked in there when we were on holiday and it had a sporting shooter in it for the current time, then when i ordered my cabinet about 3 months later it came from the same store because it also had the same sporting shooter inside it.

Bratton-sound started to put the Sporting Shooter in it's cabinets...Nothing to do with Mole valley...I work at the St Columb Major Branch..Although it could have been Liskeard....

Harfordwmj.......Scats and Bridgemans country stores are owned by Mole Valley Farmers....There should be 1 local to you i reckon....I'd actually forgat that they were classed as explosive....Some carriers will carry them tho....

• 2 months later...