missing choke

myzeneye

bought my new silver pigeon today and im sat looking at the (multi) chokes ..... which i think are the mobil type..

there doesnt seem to be a 1/2 choke ??

im puzzled really as i would have thought 1/4 & 1/2 to be one of the widley used combinations....

should there be a 1/2 choke in there ? i have the other 5 ....but no 1/2 ?

should i question the shop or should i just buy a 1/2 choke and learn to look next time...hahaha

just new to me... :good:

been well looked after tho... just went throught the chokes and yep, the one with 3 notches which i believe is 1/2 choke aint there...

maybe im wrong to presume a 1/2 would be in the mix of a multi choke pack but i puzzled that one aint there....?

i use 1/4 &1/2 alot so ill have to sort it either way...

just new to me... :good:

been well looked after tho... just went throught the chokes and yep, the one with 3 notches which i believe is 1/2 choke aint there...

maybe im wrong to presume a 1/2 would be in the mix of a multi choke pack but i puzzled that one aint there....?

i use 1/4 &1/2 alot so ill have to sort it either way...

You are right in presuming that 3 notches is 1/2 choke.

Since it was second hand, go and buy one, a very useful choke to use.

I would go back to the dealer and "suggest" that he might have mentioned it to you before you bought the gun that this choke was missing. It is one of the more important chokes, as you rightly say, and you should either have been given one, or at least been advised that it is missing.

Most gun shops have spare ones knocking about. He ought to give you one. If he doesn't he's a tightwad and I wouldn't buy anything off the cheapskate again :good:

They are a ******* stupid price for what they are, and I wouldn't want to have to replace it myself. In my eyes, the dealer would need to be able to demonstrate to me that the gun was heavily discounted because of the missing choke (I bet it wasn't)

Edited by Chard

just rang bamfords and they said they will pop me one in the post, f.o.c ... no problems,

i didnt like to ring and ask where it was with out checking weather i should have just presumed there'd be one... seems i was right as they didnt object in any way...

cheers guys..

just rang bamfords and they said they will pop me one in the post, f.o.c ... no problems,

i didnt like to ring and ask where it was with out checking weather i should have just presumed there'd be one... seems i was right as they didnt object in any way...

cheers guys..

I've only been in once and they seemed like good chaps :good: