7MM MAG or 30-06????????????? Which one.

the simple answer is go for the caliber which gives the best performance which between the two you quote os the 7mm remmy mag,I read you dont need a flat shooting rifle,

WHY not,what the piont of limiting yourself,personally and i have done a little research inro the larger calibers I would go for one of the WSMs 270 or the 7mm,both out perform the calibers you have listed

Edited by Ackley

Assuming your stalking will be in the UK, and on rented land, then you will find that barrel stretching in not acceptabled.

Therefore, unless you I also looking at punching holes in paper at 1,000 yards, I suggest you might conside the .270. It is proberly the most popular rifle on the Scottish hills. If you are also looking at long distance target shooting, then you might consider the 30 MW and being from the .308 stable, it offers a very large range of tips to load with.

JH

• 2 weeks later...
7x57 or 7mm mauser as its commonly known - its a dam site more accurate than the two calibres you have mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommo, Ive been looking into the 7mm's recently in anticpation of a new rifle but this is the first time ive come across this info - is it from personal experience or just general knowledge as both the rem mag and mauser are on my shortlist :blush: