Old Rooster's Webley Axsor

Evilv

I've 2 Axsors and with the purchase of the new Daystate won't need them both, you can have one of those for £275 with scope and sound moderator, I've already posted info on their peformance with a few pics of bunnies that won't be getting shy ;-).

I drove five hundred miles in the last two days to meet up with Rooster, and buy one of his Webley Axsors. It was worth every single tedious mile. The rifle is 'mint' and performs beautifully - I love it!

After looking over the gun and parting with the readies, Old Rooster was decent enough to take me out shooting with it on one of his permissions, and we spent a very pleasant evening putting out the lights of a few bunnies. I am very impressed with what I brought home today, but having seen his new Daystate and watched him perform brain surgery on several rabbits at extened range, I can see why he wanted to change to his new machine. The amazing thing about it is the almost complete silence when it's electronic gizmos open the valve and let the pellet go. Since it has no hammer, all you hear is a sharp wizz and a loud thwack from the rabbit's brain box as they roll over and go to heaven. Quite a remarkable machine.

Later we had a few beers and a ****** take away.

Thanks for your hospitality Rooster - I appreciate it.

By the way mate - the Hills pump, I picked up in York on the way home, is almost brand new, and all I need is an adaptor for the female hose fitting (about 12mm) to change it to the Webley fitting. The local gun shop say they have them for about £15 - seems a bit steep, but won't break the bank, so I'll toddle around there and get one tomorrow, then I'll be toting the pristine Axsor about on 'them thar hills....'

sounds liek you got a good one there :lol: glad to know there are still some decent people out there :lol:

as for the fitting you need they are standard high p[resure fittings and should be able to pickk one up in any decent hardware shop (machine mart) cant rember the name of the one guys at the club use, but they get the AA quick fill female adaptors which air arms charge £20 for, in the local machine mart type shop you can get the pair for £6!!!!!

its just that for the life of me i cant think what the name of the shop is, Im sure its machine something, would imagine if you phoned up a plumbers merchant they would be able to give you the number of a local place :lol: and it would probably only cost £2! just take the two bits you got to conect them to with you so they acn match it up there and then :lol:

ROB :lol:

Hey - thanks for that info Roblade. The Webley part is a sort of hole drilled in the end of the air chamber, maybe 20mm deep by about 4, or 5 in diameter. The fitting, which I saw at Rooster's place, is like a brass rod with two small holes in the centre and two 'o' rings either side of it in grooves. Five quid sounds more like it to me, unless it's a small production part, unique to Webley - on the other hand, I know where the gunshop is. Maybe I'll take a look in the yellow pages for 'pneumatics' and hoses and such.

Cheers

evilv.    old rooster sounds like a good egg  :lol:

Don't mention eggs mate, sore point !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The part you need for the Axsor is not a common pneumatic component buy specifically made for that gun, doubt very much if you'll find one apart from at a gun shop and the work involved to make one up would make it at least £15.

Just re-read the bit about the fitting, do you need the actual Webley bit or a piece to adapt the Webley bit to fit the hose, if it's the bit like I showed you on my multi purpose fill adaptor then my comments stand, if not you are probably looking for some 1/4 BSP fittings.

I'll make you you one if you get stuck, just let me know ASAP as we are hoping to go for a couple of weeks riding the bike in Italy early September.

Had an interesting and relaxing couple of hours setting up the guns and then popping off a few bunnies, think we've laid to rest the old "can't shoot bunnies beyond 45 yards with an air rifle" theory :lol::lol:

Just set up the Daystate to warn when the magazine is empty and also when I've fired 80 shots, very useful electronic features on this gun and it's pretty accurate to boot !!

I reckon a magazine is a must for serious hunting, particularly when the bunnies are out in droves and/or you are shooting at night.

Enjoy the "Bunnysor" Evilv

Edited by old rooster

Yup Axe, if you'd seen it you might have relented. It's a very nice example. As Rooster says up above, I think he put to bed the idea that you can't shoot at distance with an airgun and cleanly dispatch the quarry... I saw several examples of smackdowns and staydowns at the longer ranges from him. Me though - I'll have to stick to 40 as my top range, until I'm used to the new gun.

Thanks for the offer of making a fill probe and adaptor Rooster (handy lad he is with that lathe) but I'm sorted now, and also got a plug to keep muck out of the filler orifice.

I'll spend tomorrow trying things out up at the rabbit infested farm... Don't send 'em word though - I want 'em sitting out sunbathing when I get there...

evilv.    old rooster sounds like a good egg  :lol:

Aye - he's OK... :lol:

You won't get his joke about eggs, he was complaining that I hadn't brought him any from my hens at home - I thought of trying to pay for the gun in omlettes and cabbages, but didn't think he'd accept, so I left 'em all at home.

Cheers all.

Edited by Evilv

Hey - thanks for that info Roblade. The Webley part is a sort of hole drilled in the end of the air chamber, maybe 20mm deep by about 4, or 5 in diameter. The fitting, which I saw at Rooster's place, is like a brass rod with two small holes in the centre and two 'o' rings either side of it in grooves. Five quid sounds more like it to me, unless it's a small production part, unique to Webley - on the other hand, I know where the gunshop is. Maybe I'll take a look in the yellow pages for 'pneumatics' and hoses and such.

Cheers

Hi evilv,

i think i might have got confused with the adaptor you might have needed, from what you just describd thats the fill adaptor you need that plugs into the gun itself?

i thought you were after a male to male thread adaptor to convert the thread size to accept the fill adaptor.

the fill adaptor is speciffic to webley and they are only available from them :lol: sorry to have got your hopes up :lol: apart from the bit that plugs into the rifle most other parts are available from other sources.

Rooster what is your mk3 running at? presume at 80 shots its still 12lb? if so 40+ yards is pretty good and 45+ exceptional! my rapid mk1/2 is zero'd at 45 and at 30.6lb it shoots to 65/70 without bother I will go further and can take cleanly to 80 confidently if there is very little wind? my other raipid at 40 plus lbs ( a one off custom built to MY specs) will take rabbit out with ease at 90 plus?

cheers KW

Hi evilv,

i think i might have got confused with the adaptor you might have needed, from what you just describd thats the fill adaptor you need that plugs into the gun itself?

i thought you were after a male to male thread adaptor to convert the thread size to accept the fill adaptor.

the fill adaptor is speciffic to webley and they are only available from them :lol: sorry to have got your hopes up :lol: apart from the bit that plugs into the rifle most other parts are available from other sources.

No problem Roblade - it was my fault for not making clear what I needed. I got it this morning and once I'd twigged that I had to tighten up the union quite hard, it stopped hissing out when I worked the pump, and made than nice healthy squeak as the air goes into the chamber. That one runs at about a ton and a quarter pressure per square inch, so I hope the bugg*r never explodes in my face!!

Cheers...

Took the new Axsor out yesterday and shot a bunch of rabbits - thirteen all told, there's a few of 'em below, photographed while I was having a cup of tea at the half way point. The gun is pinpoint accurate, and a delight to shoot at longer ranges, since it doesn't move a bit, unlike the springer I've been using up till now. People said that a PCP would be a revelation to a spring shooter - it's true.

dscn05033vh.th.jpg

dscn05107yd.th.jpg

And here's a view of the shoot. The house is at 1155 feet above sea level.

dscn05070uy.th.jpg

Edited by Evilv