FILM ON BBC1

wabit

Its an ok film but not very accurate in most counts especially since all the snipers were always going for head shots with scopes that had no more than 4-6x mag for the germans & 1.5-3 x mag on targets of ranges of over a hundred yards.

& it turns out that Zaitsev never shot as many Krauts as he claimed & there are four seperate different accounts on how Koneig got killed by Zaitsev so it is now believed that the imfamous duel between them never took place it was purerly propaganda for moral purposes. Otherwise its an ok film with Rachel Weiez is **** in it

Its an ok film but not very accurate in most counts especially since all the snipers were always going for head shots with scopes that had no more than 4-6x mag for the germans & 1.5-3 x mag on targets of ranges of over a hundred yards.

& it turns out that Zaitsev never shot as many Krauts as he claimed & there are four seperate different accounts on how Koneig got killed by Zaitsev so it is now believed that the imfamous duel between them never took place it was purerly propaganda for moral purposes. Otherwise its an ok film with Rachel Weiez is **** in it

Reminds me of the time I was watching a James Bond film in the cinema and the bloke behind me gets all huffy and says "that's rubbish, he could never do that in real life!"

OF COURSE NOT IT'S A FILM!

(only joking gamebag, no offence meant!)

Its not a bad film, it kept me up last night anyway. Ive seen it a few times now and all though it may be inaccurate, it certainlyl portrays the way life was then. After recent threads on here I particularly liked the 'I am a rock and breath slowly' bit, made me chuckle (sorry OR :lol: ). The one thing I couldnt understand is how the political officer didnt get shot in the opening sequence where he first met Vassily Zaitsev. 30 odd germans letting off hundreds of rounds at his feet! and just how did he manage to stop his breath fogging up in the cold, is that what they call poectic license! And no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt see the damn rabbits they were aiming for :lol::P Great film, would defionitely whatch it again.

Regards,

axe.

Edited by Axe

If it was that cold I doubt anyone would have let their naked bum hang around for long so, to that extent, I daresay there was a bit of realism in it.

Great film but probably no more than an introduction to the Stalingrad battle. Anthony Beevor's book is a good read on that for those who would take the interest further.