Teal

banjobill

24 grams of 7.5 steel through open chokes, and you accuse him of overdoing the load? Get off it man, maybe he just hit the targets, and who knows if he knows what a really shot up duck looks like. In the US, (I know you hate us, but we kill a few ducks over there), you can't even buy that load, let alone in the context of waterfowl hunting.

It's only the internet.

Glad you had a good shoot at the little *******. I call them bandits. We used to get the normal pairs and small groups, but often times in the rice we'd get groups of thirty to fifty birds in a little ball... almost deafening when they were really on you. Maybe the best table bird around.

Pete

Get off your high horse man,

In the original post he states that it mashed the meat up.

Who cares what the gung ho yanks do and what you can or can't buy or shoot over there. We are talking about the UK and respect for your quarry. The teal is the finest eating bird there is and waht is the point of shooting a duck if you are only going to mash it up and render it not worth eating?

you would not mash a bird with 24 grams of steel shot , there is not a chance that could happen unless shot at extremely close range ,this load is not designd for game shooting , using that load is not man enough for ducks i would use 28 or 32 gream 5's as ducks take a fair bit of killing in comparison to pigeons , crows etc.

Edited by gddoodles

24 grams of 7.5 steel through open chokes, and you accuse him of overdoing the load? Get off it man, maybe he just hit the targets, and who knows if he knows what a really shot up duck looks like. In the US, (I know you hate us, but we kill a few ducks over there), you can't even buy that load, let alone in the context of waterfowl hunting.

It's only the internet.

Glad you had a good shoot at the little *******. I call them bandits. We used to get the normal pairs and small groups, but often times in the rice we'd get groups of thirty to fifty birds in a little ball... almost deafening when they were really on you. Maybe the best table bird around.

Pete

Pete, a little context you may be unaware of to explain why he might be getting a hard time. The OP started a thread recently which many judged to be delusional with some Waltish overtones. He has since left in a huff. What you are seeing here is the aftermath of all of that, as his previous 2 threads have been closed by the mods.

Oh and we don't hate you, we're just biding our time until recolonisation! :blush::D

I was invited to a teal flight tonight.

It was an enjiyable evening and 8 ducks were bagged my total was 6:18

But a brilliant evening and the dog worked beautifully.

BB

i used a steel compititon load and it caused terrible meat damage.

His words not mine,

I only pulled him up on the respect for quarry and using the appropriate loads for each type.