Cocker Spaniel puppies

groach1234

Well i have had my eye out for a cocker pup for the last 6 months or so as i'm after a good working dog. A keeper on a shoot my dad goes on has a brother, who is also a keeper. He has a litter currently 3 weeks old of cocker pups. He has sold all the chocolates already and only has liver and whit ones left. So firstly i have never seen a liver and white cocker before does anyone have one so a can see a picture of what to expect it to look like (i know its not important but nice to know) and secondly he is asking £450 for dogs and bitches which from what i have seen seems about right is this so? any help appreciated :good: .

George

hi george

£450 seems a fair price,i myself paid that and initially had my heart set on a chocolate pup,however I happened to drop on a ad with only 2 pups left one black and the other black and white roan,after a week or 2 of looking and thinking i decided on the black and white roan and so glad i did ,he is a grand little dog and becoming a good companion at only 4 months.so i would keep your options open regarding colour(he's easy to spot in cover too)i will try and pm u a couple of pics

best regards terry :good:

I have 2 full coloured chocolate cockers. Just had a litter of 5. 1 was chocolate with white bib. Nearly all cockers i have seen have a spot of white on their chests, my bitch had about 3 white hairs but are no longer there, they all went without question for £550. Could have sold 200 of them, the phone and e mail never stopped (kennel club best option for selling your litter without question).

Edited by mosa

have 2yr old bitch she is liver with white bib...when we went to c the litter i was going for the solid liver then reconed the white flash wd be easier to c when in or coming out of cover...not only for me but also other guns.......lol

they are great little dogs and if u get good one there nose is fantastic mine aint prob the best trained in the world but she does not miss anything hiding in coner, few days ago watched her run past a grassy tree stump turn sniff and then dive down and up poped a woodcock.....one of 12 she put up that day....none of which we even got a shot at...lol

price sounds about right.....they are very loyal and loving and great around the home very soft natured so no worries with kids etc....

just one warning.......dont think you can ever tire them out small in stature but go all day,,,,

forgot look on "cockersonline" forum site with working section and pics of all colours you can get

Edited by millrace