Cheap low use Broadband required

Markio

My folks are still on dial up and i'm trying to find out a cheap low monthly usage broadband deal for them. It all seems so expensive from what i remember for such packages (£12+/month). They don't have (or want) sky or virgin media etc.

I'm sure they are willing to move land line providers if that helps.

Despite me googling it i can't find anything, any insider techies on here with pearls of wisdom?

My folks are still on dial up and i'm trying to find out a cheap low monthly usage broadband deal for them. It all seems so expensive from what i remember for such packages (£12+/month). They don't have (or want) sky or virgin media etc.

I'm sure they are willing to move land line providers if that helps.

Despite me googling it i can't find anything, any insider techies on here with pearls of wisdom?

Virgin do fixed land line/broadband only packages, I'm with them at the mo, hang on..........

Here: http://www.virgin.net/allyours/broadband/index.shtml

Seems a tad expensive for some reason, I'm paying £14 for unlimited downloads.

Edited by agusta

If you have cable go with them otherwise BT are coming in pretty keen at the moment and are the best for any issues with your line and backup usually. I'm with Tiscalli but its no cheaper than BT I'm still with them as I'm too lazy to change and don't really want to be fixed as am looking to sell my house in the spring, service is ok with tiscalli not good but not bad

If you are simply after cheap and cheerful, then Plusnet (BT owned) may be worth a look. Their entry level package is £5.99 per month for the first three months, rising to £11.99 per month thereafter. However if you are on a 'Market 3' exchange the rate remains at £5.99 per month.

In either case they will supply you with a 'free' preconfigured modem/router and absorb the BT setup costs as long as you remain with them for twelve months.

First line support is out sourced overseas and can be a bit irksome, but that's probably true of most 'value' products these days.