rules on a shoot or private pheasant shoot?

chris o

hi all was out yesterday with the air rifle only zeroing in as garden to small to zero in. and while there a lady came round the corner to make sure i was there lawfully with a gun so showed her my written letter off the farmer and she was happy to some extent and we started chatting.

and she told me they have been having problems with people going on to the land with guns at night and day and carrying shot game in public areas.

now this lady is someone who lives near by. as the fields that i shoot are barely 1 acre maybe a bit more but not a great deal and at the entrance to the field there is a main road which goes in and out of southport a busy pub which backs on to the fields and houses around plus horses and other livestock are they doing any thing else illegal aswell as tresspasing with a offensive weapon?

and a neighbouring field that is privatly owned not farmed and by the looks of it he is going to be rearing pheasants on there but there is no pen or dry secure area to keep them while they get reared and also the fact that there is houses directly in front of his land and all the way around and she would like to know is there any thing she can do? she has got a pertission going to try and stop him from doing this i have told her to get in touch with B.A.S.C and see if they can help. any opinions off you guys would be brill.

not sure i am reading this right, but you say this lady lives nearby and so is not the landowner, she's moaning about people shooting on land which they may have permission to do, and carrying shot game which in a rural area i can't see a problem with, sounds like someone with too much time on her hands.

i dont think carrying shot game in public is illegal, just not advisable. and are you sure the people shooting at night are trespassing, as this woman just seems to be a nosy neighbour tbh :good:

i dont know much about rearing pheasants bit, but if theres houses surrounding this field then it would be a police matter if its not safe to shoot in it, or a council matter if its going to cause noise problems.

having said that i wouldnt be helping too much with regards to the pheasants, as i said this woman seems to be a bit of a nosy neighbour (weve all had them im sure), last thing youd want would be any of the farmers you have permission with to find out youve been giving her ideas, because its a pretty good chance theyve all had problems with her :blink:

speak to your farmer asap and let him know you saw her and what happened, that would be my first thing to do <_<

i am the only one who shoots on this farmers land and he told me this and told me to get rid of anyone should i see them on there with a gun or ring police should i have to.

and the other land is not farmed land he just owns it and have spoke to the farmer i shoot for and he said that this woman has told him a few times what has happend and he has put signs up around the bondaries of his land saying private land keep off. but it keeps happening.

hi all was out yesterday with the air rifle only zeroing in as garden to small to zero in. and while there a lady came round the corner to make sure i was there lawfully with a gun so showed her my written letter off the farmer and she was happy to some extent and we started chatting.

and she told me they have been having problems with people going on to the land with guns at night and day and carrying shot game in public areas.

now this lady is someone who lives near by. as the fields that i shoot are barely 1 acre maybe a bit more but not a great deal and at the entrance to the field there is a main road which goes in and out of southport a busy pub which backs on to the fields and houses around plus horses and other livestock are they doing any thing else illegal aswell as tresspasing with a offensive weapon?

and a neighbouring field that is privatly owned not farmed and by the looks of it he is going to be rearing pheasants on there but there is no pen or dry secure area to keep them while they get reared and also the fact that there is houses directly in front of his land and all the way around and she would like to know is there any thing she can do? she has got a pertission going to try and stop him from doing this i have told her to get in touch with B.A.S.C and see if they can help. any opinions off you guys would be brill.

It looks like he is going to be rearing pheasants but there is no pen or dry secure area?:good: :blink: What gives you the impression that he is going to be rearing them.Nobody rears pheasants in open fields so im not sure where your info is coming from.Beware the evil witch that is filling your head with what could easy be ********Tell her to stop the supposed trespassers if she is that worried.The way you have written your thread doesnt make things very clear,and why hasnt she informed the police of everything.I wouldnt believe much she says as folks like that rarely stick to the facts.

she aint against shooting or any thing and the land is not the farmers someone else owns it my fields are right next to it and her concern is that how close he would be shooting to the houses i said it would not be safe to shoot on that field with a shotgun as said there are lots of houses very close by a very busy main road that is roughly 40 yards from the land which goes in and out of southport.

and a busy pub wich comes in handy when it gets a bit nippy for a quick warmer lol. she is not trying to cause trouble she is concerned i never take my shotgun up there as i would not like to be responsable for any stray shot but i dont think it is safe.

and what gives away that he is guna be getting pheasants is he has built a run with a roof but the roof is chicken wire as the sides and there are pheasant feeders around the sides. i just wanted your opinions.