raiding the sheds

pigeon mad

spoke to the farmer i shoot for yesterday and theres about 300-400 pigeons feeding on the rape. but the birds are also helping thereselves to the weat in the open store shed on the farm so going tomorow to set up on the rape next to the shed witch might help produce a bag let you no how i get on :yes:

spoke to the farmer i shoot for yesterday and theres about 300-400 pigeons feeding on the rape. but the birds are also helping thereselves to the weat in the open store shed on the farm so going tomorow to set up on the rape next to the shed witch might help produce a bag let you no how i get on :good:

I did;t think you was aloud open grain stores anymore due to the problem highlighted with bird mess I hope my shreaded wheat dont come from that farmer store.

OTH

Edited by Over the hill

ya think thats the approach im going for this weekend they should be well on it now as the snows still around. its old wheat thay feed to the cattle i think so your safe on your breakfast :good: !!!!!

Still should be covered even more so if going for animal feedstuff salmonella is a real concern if proper foodstuff hygenie is not held.

All the best OTH

Alot of farmers have their grainstores open either because they are loading lorries or getting machinery out of the store or moving the grain around and putting it through the dryers etc. If the farmer is using it for feed or anything then he may be going in and out of the barn several times during the day and wont want to keep opening the barn doors.

I would not shoot too much in the barn because you dont want blood and feathers getting everywhere in the barn and also you dont want to put holes in his roof or walls :good: you may be a great shot or not but I have seen this happen many times where people swing too far.