What caliber do you prefer/recommend for fox shooting?

Rizzini

Cheers for the replies guys, i think im going exp to go for the .223. 1st because i think this will what my force will allow me to have as they probably will think a new FAC holder that has not much experience with large calibers, and 2nd is because i like the .223 round, seen it at work and i really liked it.

I got .223 for night foxing and 22-250 for daytime setup.

why?

surely the cost of two setups is a bit excessive for two similar guns?

personally went down the .223 route as factory ammo is cheap, and really its ideal for a first centrefire. Sjot foxes out to 200 yards with it and really you don't "need" more clout as the damage needs to be seen to be believed.

i've shot a few fox's with my .22lr at close range 30-50yrds (my ticket says vermin and they are classed as vermin in lincolnshire acording to my feo) probably get frowned upon by most purist fox shooters but i am not one for foxing as a rule but on one of my old permissions the guy rented out his chicken sheds to other people so if they was anywhere on that permission i shot them, i would never shoot past 50yrds or if there wasn't a clean shot which i felt confident about taking, all dropped with the first shot and didn't have any runners and always put a second shot into there heads just to make sure.