Show us your Disco

Sammy_D

Nice motor Sammy. I personally wouldn't add sidesteps, I would stick some sill protectors/rock sliders under there. Had an incident with a rolling rock with my vit last year which shoved the whole passengers side of the sill up a good 3". Couldn't open the door or anything until we had gemmied it back down and used the big hammer to reshape it back into position. :lol: I would also buy a hi lift jack and cut some scaff planks into 8" lengths and leave them in the back. If you get stuck in a rut you can jack it out or even use the jack as a short winch with some cable or straps if needs be. :big_boss:

We also keep a tin of lighter fluid and a lighter in the glovebox after we rolled a tyre off the bead. :good: Underbody protection would be a first for me for any motor now. Diff protectors etc. :hmm:

Does any body else think there is a lack of off road equimpent that can be fitted to disco 2s. I'm on the look out for a metal non winch front bumper. Only ever seen one on fleebay, and not for long.

This is the one I hade my eye on. This is the second time I've seen it on here.

Bit pricey though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...atchlink:top:en

Hey all i see that people have topics for their Jimmys etc. So.... Show us your Discoverys

To be added. Front light bar with 4 spots. Side steps. Snorkel and possiably a hidden winch

Heres mine....

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Hope to add some bigger and fatter off road tyers.

Thats brings it back too me leaking air bags the 3 amigos and missing from oil in the injector harness bliss.

Regards OTH

There is something about D3's that I really like now. At first i thought they were ugly, but now I think they are a cracking looking little truck, and it's even better to see one without the terrible privacy glass!

If it wasn't for the horrors i've heard about the reliability I would have considered one along with the landcruiser.

I met some one once who met the designer of the d3. The designer was quite aware that everybody thought it was ugly but apparantly thats the norm now is design.

If you design something now that everybody hates then in a few years time people will start to like and therefore your design last longer.

I agree with proteuS, I hated them at first but slowely they seem more appealing. AHH the dark side.

I have to say my discovery drives through alot of things that I think "this could be dodgy" to be honest as long as you keep them moving they are fine, it's when you stop and the wieght of them sets in...

I am not a die hard landrover fan but I have seen them do things in a line of 4x4's that only the green oval motor manages.....but then I've also seen Suzuki's do things that amaze!

I think if you set standard test conditions i.e.- same tyres, fuel , load etc the Landrover vehicles would usually perform a bit better overall....

Out of interest has anyone been brave enough to try using the suspension adjust ment of thier disco 3 as a jack??

Like the one in the picture bellied if you jacked up the suspension then placed something under the sill, then jacked so the wheels were off the ground and place something under the wheels?

Wonder if this would work or do the wheels always fall to the low point?

Not to up to date on the new disco's ride hieght adjustment....

Edited by gixer1