Browning Quality

wildman

I have a Browning GTI plus that is a few years old now and is a nice solid gun and feels like quality but it has the black side plates and is very much a clay gun.I seem to have been shooting more game recently and she looks a bit out of place on a peg.I tried a 525 sporter (with the view of trading my GTI in) yesterday and although it felt good it didnt seem to have the biuld quality of the GTI,is this my imagination or are newer brownings not as good.

Also am i being a bit of a snob wanting a gun with nice engraving that looks the part instead of sticking to my GTI. :blink:

Thanks

I've got the same gun - Gti Ultra with black action that i bought specifically for clays. I thought much the same as you, only my game gun is broken at the moment and have had to use the Browning all this season. My averages have gone through the roof and i am about 3 for 1 on kills.

There are so many people now on shoots that have got through the "must have an Olde English side by side" ethos that i think you'll find that nobody cares.

However, if you want a nice shiny new gun for your collection, I'm not gonna hold you back!!

I have owned a number of Miroku and Brownings from A1 to F1 (B125) and including GTi, Miroku MK38 and Ultra XS, Ultra XTs and two 525s. Apart from the F1, the best balanced and handling was the GTi. I don't know why, but it felt light years better than the 525 - and I have owned them at the same time.