stuck ejectors.

MM

when i bought my shotgun a few weeks ago, the guy in the shop told me the ejectors didnt work, and that it would cost more than the guns worth to fix them. I asked Magman to have a look at the gun in the shop before i bought it, and he mentioned that the barrels hadnt even been cleaned, so i was unsure even if the guy had looked inside the action. Ive been sat cleaning the gun to the best of my shotgun knowlege (not a lot) and after closing and breaking a few times, the ejectors seemed to work on the odd occasion. Is there any way of telling if they are just full of muck on the inside, or do you think they are knackered.

Thanks in advance.

what gun is it

You should be able to remove the ejectors, by pressing them down and turning them "out" of the action

From here.. it's just a good clean or maybe a spring required

its a Franchi 12g O/U ill do pics. :good:

it might be best to leave them, if they're worn and sloppy then there's a good chance that the cartridges will jam in the chamber if the ejectors slip past the lip of the cartridge. I had a miroku 3800 that did this, it would've cost me a fortune to replace the ejector legs.

can you disengage the ejector legs?

wouldnt know how to mate. any ideas?