Permission at airport

Birdboy

I live close to a small / medium airport which is littered with rabbits on the grassed boundarys. The airport is still very active but the boundarys are used more for storage now. Does anyone know how i could go about shooting at an airport or is this perhaps a service they pay for already with a company ?

BB

My cousin is a plane engineer (mechanic) at a small airport just outside London.

Like the one you mention it is littered with rabbits. He has permision to shoot there, air rifle only, but I think the fact that he works there makes it slightly different. Security will be the issue, letting someone onto the grounds with a gun :good:

I've heard of this being done but i honestly dont know anyone who does it, your best bet is to contact the airport directly, look in the phone book, they should be able to put you through to the right department if there's only one number.

Mate of mine shoots pigeons in Hangers at Airport in Kent

I met the girl that shoots the pigeons on the apron at Heathrow last year, she uses an air rifle and bates them down with a bit of seed.

Her and a fella shoots the foxes and rabbits as well.

They had to be from an official pest control company, but she said it is airport specific as to what level they work, but you must be insured.

It is mostly night work, and starts after that last planes are down.

I beleive it is illegal to discharge a firearm within 1 mile of an airport.

Not true - fortunately. I have had some nice shooting at airfields and airports. Shooting on an Airport is very tightly controlled, dont expect to be invited to Heathrow, Gatwick or Birmingham or any major airport that runs scheduled services, but I have shot at Biggin Hill, Coventry and Farnborough.

Airfields are a different ballgame - much easier.