Shooting over rape this weekend...

Sinistercr0c

I'd like to post my thanks to 'Decoying mad', 'TomV' and 'Lewis 682' for turning up to shoot over my permission this weekend (and apologise to Wesman for not getting in touch when I said I would).

Saturday was grey, misty and calm with no wind at all, which made for really difficult decoying. The birds were few and far between, but TomV stole the lead with three birds, closely followed by Decoying Mad with two and me with a paltry one. Lewis 682 has permission over other farmland so decided to have a mooch about and see if he could turn in any bigger scores, tho to no avail. It really was a hard day, and the lads stuck at it with great dedication, just as I'd requested.

Today followed pretty much the same pattern, even down to the birds bagged (spooky huh?), but there were even fewer birds to have a crack at. All in all, it was two days spent for very little reward, and I feel for the guys putting in so much effort to try and get what birds there were, to commit to the decoys.

At the end of the day though, I'd promised the farmer I'd get some guns out, and thats exactly what happened, so again, thanks lads for sticking at it..... :)

I will try to arrange some more dates in the near future so I'll keep people posted on the 'shooting available' section.

Sorry I've no pics, but I couldn't find me camera....(they were an ungly bunch anyway...... :) )

cheers sinistercroc i actualy drew the first day :o with tom just didnt fancy swimming the duck pond to retreve it

thanks for the 2 days :lol:. hope we get afew better days in the future :o

thanks dm

/quote]

I was in the field acrosss the road from Lewis on saturday and finished with 4 birds. It was really hit and miss all day. I didn't get any birds to come in until i removed the floater and just had 16 shell decoys out. The birds that were moving on the whole were landing in the top corner of the field near the road so i couldn't move the hide. Most birds that came in were in two's and three's and landed with the other birds in the top of the field. I moved them on a couple of times but they just came back to the same spot. Still had a good day though. sinistercroc, keep me in mind if you get any more days.

Tim