Police Community Support Officers

reaper6

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a shame you feel like this Poacher, I did a 5 year stint of 'specialing' and after the initial PDP work, which I have to go in fast blue shiny lights car I did what special policing was about and policed my parish, no car, used the buses, went to youth clubs, schools, parish meetings. (And made some good sound arrests, good sound intel leading to somethings bigger)

But, I've done my share, I did around 50 hours a month, not as much as you albeit, but worked on jobs that the regs couldn't be ***** with, or too busy with other things IE persistent youth trouble, off road bikes, speeding, ASB in cars and been thanked everytime I took a job I could deal with leaving you guys to deal with the more protracted jobs. I actually worked my shifts when the reg wasn't on, so we had police cover on her hours off, which bosltered the visible presence by huge amounts.

I was accepted as a colleague, have managed many incidents as OIC...and as a special, managed to write some statements, and realised what order the MG forms go in too.

Rich, they tried to get Specials to commit to certain hours and do the none sexy stuff. They just dwindled away. Now they only work with the duty groups that allow them to play out and avoid the ones that ask them to work.

Rich, they tried to get Specials to commit to certain hours and do the none sexy stuff. They just dwindled away. Now they only work with the duty groups that allow them to play out and avoid the ones that ask them to work.

Oddly my area did the opposite, we had to do at least 50% on a neighbourhood beat, they were the rules, I did near 100% on my neighbourhood beat, and only went onto area if they asked for PO support. We also lost a lots of specials due to this, but it suited me!

• 3 weeks later...