Is it the gun or the cartridges

sitsinhedges

I got to try out my new 12g Beretta AL391 light yesterday at Kibworth and did OK for me, nothing special.

Afterwards when I got home I thought I would have a look around at roosting pigeons and after being out previously with my 20g Silver Pigeon and struggling somewhat to get the required results with 28gram 6s I dug out some 32g 5s Winchester Western cartridges I had been given.

I was staggered.

I had 9 shots and knocked down 6 seriously high pigeons dead in the sky, shot's I would never have considered remotely viable before. It only had an Improved Cylinder choke in too

Now I am wondering if it is the new gun or these cartridges that gets the credit. You can't get these cartridges anymore and if it was them I need to find an alternative.

It was so amazing I was buzzing for the rest of the evening despite getting caught in a snow storm.

Edited by sitsinhedges

.......I had 9 shots and knocked down 6 seriously high pigeons dead in the sky, shot's I would never have considered remotely viable before. It only had an Improved Cylinder choke in too

No, I believe it was you, not the gun or the cartridge.

If it was the cartridge then you should know that 32gm of 5`s have less pellets than 28gm of 6`s and therefore you should have hit more with the 6`s and lower birds :good:

Nice shootin` Tex, keep it up !

Who knows, but the difference in the carts is not exactly staggering, perhaps if you pricked a few with the lighter carts and they flew off, then a SMALL chance, if you pricked them with a slightly bigger pellet they may have fallen down!!

You probably just got the swing/range sorted!!! :good::/