dogs/rats/weils disease

bicykillgaz

ITV3 now, dogs ratting, maybe they will say

it was seeing the clip for it that brought it back in to my mind so thought i'd ask, its not mentioned it so if anyone knows i'm really intrested,

we live less than 100m from the trent there is a grassy wasteland seperating us which i quite often see dead rats on that cats have had and have always wondered if my dog could catch anything of them if sniffed around them while off the lead?

Get em vacinated don`t ya ? As in , puppy jabs . All dogs are vacinated against it , but a working dog should have all jabs up to date .

according to the vaccination cert its vaccinated against canine distemper, parvo, hardpad no mention weils disease are you sure or just assuming?

according to the vaccination cert its vaccinated against canine distemper, parvo, hardpad no mention weils disease are you sure or just assuming?

Taken from my dogs vacination record

NOBIVAC

DHPPI A008A01

LEPTO A002A02

Leptospirosis ( Weils disease )

Edited by buster321c

Taken from my dogs vacination record

NOBIVAC

DHPPI A008A01

LEPTO A002A02

your right mate that serves me right for skim reading he's covered for canine distemper, infectious canine hepatitis, canine parvovirus, canine parainfluenza virus type 2 and LEPTOSPIROSIS not sure where i got hardpad from but he is covered so thats fine :good:

I think sewage workers get vaccinated against it. When Cyril Tyson one of the founders of the fell and moorland judged our terrier show back in the eighties he collapsed in the ring and got taken to the southern general hospital in Glasgow it took three days before they diagnosed Weils disease it was touch and go for a while. He just crumpled as he bent down to pick up a terrier we thought he'd had a heart attack and called an ambulance good shows in the old days! :good: