Can't get my barrel clean

mfrcus

Hi all ,i'm haveing trouble getting the barrel clean on one of my shotguns .I'm useing napier gun cleaner but it doesn't seem to be removing all the muck .So has anyone got any ideas what else i can try .cheers marcus

U could try soaking a mop or patch in parker hale 009 push into the chamber to the point of fouling and leave for a couple of days then remove, then use a proper payne gallwey chamber brush which is slightly larger than a bore brush soaked in 009 as per instructions on the spray tin.

This worked for my urika 2 optima barrel

REGARDS Mick

It is very true to say that EVERYONE will know the Best way to clean any gun, and pretty much ALL those ways will be different!!!! :lol::yes:

...but the Bore Snake was "invented" for shotguns to give it a quick once over in the field to get some of the very corrosive propellent residues off it asap until you could clean it properly!!...Nothing has changed with the Bore snake since then except the Marketing around it!!!

ATB!!! :yes:

a mate told me about the sacred bore snake, never used anything else since.

one legia spray down both ends, one run through with the snake ..spotlessly shiny - used to scrub the barrels with the old wire/fluff/cotton-on-a-pole combo like an idiot before i heard of it.

boresnakes - so easy it feels like youre cheating

as long as its done on the same day therll be no problems, weather your shooting all day in rain, snow or mud.. not a pit on ANY of my barrels and first thing I do after shootin is watch some TV and put my feet up :oops:

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the replys lads :good: I'll give a few of them a try .I was allso in shock when i saw what looked liked two marks down the barrel :good: then i remembered there supposed to be there :lol::rolleyes::P cheers marcus

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i have a newbie question. can someone elaborate on the markings on the inside of the barrel - what they look like, what they are for. thanks.