PCP Leakage

Axe

Out last night and managed to stalk the perfect shot only to pull the rigger and 'click' nothing. Recocked thinking it was an uncycled cock, lined up, pulled the trigger and 'click' nothign again. Suddenly realised I hadnt checked the gauge, looked over and it was empty :D

Now this bottle was only charged Tuesday night and had despatched a few rabbits. But somehow it has completely discharged over the two days. Any ideas guys, i'm thinking it could be the bottle O ring and hopefully not something more serious.

Ive failed to mention its an S-16 because I dont want those typical replies about it..... told you so...... its an S16 what did you expect...... etc. :lol:

HELP!.... its damn frustrating. :lol:

Regards,

Axe.

This might not be any use Axe, but the only thing like that I had with my new (second hand) webley axsor, was one occasion when for some reason, I could hear a faint hiss coming from the filling valve when I'd disconnected the hose. It would for sure have drained away all the air if I hadn't noticed it. Maybe it was a tiny bit of dust under the filling valve seat. I connected the hose, re-pressurised it and put in a few more pumps of air, hearing it go into the chamber with that 'squeak' you get. I opened the hose bleed valve fast and the filler valve shut tight. There wasn't any repetition and I think it must have been a one off.

Hope yours is the same.

One thing, If you pump it up again, I'd imagine you'll hear the escape of air, if there is one. Even a small escape should make some kind of sound, surely?

when you have it all pumped up again (goingt o be a ****** doing that one from empty PML i know the stealht is :D )

but once you got it all pumped back up refix it to the rifle and put a ballon over the end of the barrel, if it blows up over night you know theres a fault then put the ballon over the vavle on the bottle see if it does the same, if it does you know you got a leaking vavle :lol:

what to do about it i have no idea but as they come with a life time garantee from logun think it might be best to contact them :lol:

ROB :lol:

The balloon idea seems a good one, I was going to sugest putting the bottle in a bucket of water but wasn't sure if it would damage it at all.

Try taking the bottle off and cleaning all the contact areas. Try the same with the pump, it might have s.h.1.t. on the connector, oh and clean the contact points on the rifle.

Ring Logun and see what, if any lubrication points there are. It might be that somthing is not returning and shutting off properly.

Anything you need just ring and I'll see if I can get it for you.

Dont use incorect lubricants arround 3000psi..., ITs not the bottle valve leaking, The guns internal valve would stop that so it can only be that internal valve or the o ring that seels the bottle to the gun

Could be that u just didnt quite tighten it up all the way :D or maybe a speck of dirt on the seals or maybe it came loose just enough to drain seems like an easy thing you can ilimante first

if its the gun leaking u will all most certanly hear it from the barrel

Edited by mimic

Thanks Rob the balloon seems like a good idea. I havent heard any leaks but I am leaning towards the bottle O ring. I also cleaned the seal and relubed it I did notice a small hair like black strip come away when I removed the bottle so maybe this was from the O ring.

Rob the bottle will be very easy to pump from empty i'm no weed you know mate, I can walk all the way from the car park to the g8un shop for a £2 fill :lol: With any luck, they might have a replacement O ring in stock too.

The bottle was definitely not loose Mimic as it was a ****** to get off :lol: Dont know why, I dont normally over tighten it.

The gun was bought second hand from a guy in Bexhill so i'll give him a ring. He offered to do the first service for nothing :D And I can get him to tune it up for me at the same time :lol:

Its a pain but hopefully it'll be fairly painless.

Regards,

Axe.

Well Mimic, bung me a number and i'll call you when I go to get the rifle sorted and we can meet up. As for the gunshop, i'm affraid (though extremely convenient for me) is Westons in Brighton.

Regards,

Axe.

ah i have used that shop myself they got me in a Sheridan Cb9 some years back,

how much did you pay on the s16?

i had this once with my old s-16 it was the o ring on the bottle i changed it and was fine then the problems began it seem part of the old o ring got inside the rifle and gave it an internal leak i had to send it back to logun. they sent me a new gun.

and also we only charge £1 for filling up bottles which we put in the RNLI boat as it only costs £3 the fill a 12 ltr bottle at our local diving shop.

Luckily enough I have had the gun repaired this weekend by Graham, the chap I bought it off. It turned out to be the O ring seal between the trigger chassis and the barrel. I have also had the gun checked on the chrono and its pumping out the correct lb'age. And the best bit, it didnt cost a penny.

So beers and cheers Graham, if theres anyone needing a gun reparied i'll send em your way.

Regards,

Axe.

Edited by Axe