Jimny purchase

coptleigh

Just been to have a look at a 2000 Xreg, has 90k on the clock, serviced stamped up to 70k, he wants £1995 with 12months mot and 6 months tax.new rear exhaust silencer, no history on the cambelt, but thats something I could get done after I buy it??

Had a good look around it and it looks clean, small amount of surface rust on the lower rear door hinge,and a little on the rear floor pan, boot area! tyres all fine, 4wd seems to work OK.interior clean, not a lot of wear!! generally sound, in a nice metallic green.

Is there any thing else I need to look for, before parting with the dosh, advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

As you all ready have, make sure the 4wd works, there isn't really anything that typically goes wrong with them :yp:

Expect an amount off **** taking though :D

With a set of decent AT's or mud tyres, you'll keep up with the best of em off road, its especially satisfying when you pass one of the bogged in ''**** takers'' :D

All the best

Chris

Just been to have a look at a 2000 Xreg, has 90k on the clock, serviced stamped up to 70k, he wants £1995 with 12months mot and 6 months tax.new rear exhaust silencer, no history on the cambelt, but thats something I could get done after I buy it??

Had a good look around it and it looks clean, small amount of surface rust on the lower rear door hinge,and a little on the rear floor pan, boot area! tyres all fine, 4wd seems to work OK.interior clean, not a lot of wear!! generally sound, in a nice metallic green.

Is there any thing else I need to look for, before parting with the dosh, advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

Ther was an 02 model with full history up your way for 2K. And the 02 model has no cam belt.

Found it: LINKY

Well its nice to have some positive advice, for those who cannot offer any, keep the sarcasm to yourself, find something to busy your obvious boring life, I sometimes wonder the mental capacity of people who have lethal weapons in their ownership.

The mind boggles at times,

If I wanted a Land Rover or any other 4x4, that some of you seem to own, then I would go and buy one, money is not a problem,neither is the need to be seen in a BIG 4x4, no penis issues here thankyou, unlike some of you,

No need for any further replies, last time I will grace the pages of such a shortsighted member base,

Finally, thanks to those who have offered advice, appreciated

Well its nice to have some positive advice, for those who cannot offer any, keep the sarcasm to yourself, find something to busy your obvious boring life, I sometimes wonder the mental capacity of people who have lethal weapons in their ownership.

The mind boggles at times,

If I wanted a Land Rover or any other 4x4, that some of you seem to own, then I would go and buy one, money is not a problem,neither is the need to be seen in a BIG 4x4, no penis issues here thankyou, unlike some of you, :angry::good::lol:

No need for any further replies, last time I will grace the pages of such a shortsighted member base,

Finally, thanks to those who have offered advice, appreciated

As you all ready have, make sure the 4wd works, there isn't really anything that typically goes wrong with them :good:

Expect an amount off **** taking though :P

With a set of decent AT's or mud tyres, you'll keep up with the best of em off road, its especially satisfying when you pass one of the bogged in ''**** takers'' :hmm:

All the best

Chris

How much would it be for a set of AT's? Are these ok to use on the road as well?

How much would it be for a set of AT's? Are these ok to use on the road as well?

For what vehicle and what size mate :P

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m26b0s1680p11251

Im getting these once i get my money together

The grabber AT2 are meant to very good. BFG AT are dearer but slightly better made and will probably last a bit longer. Id guess performance wise there's nowt in it.

Ok for road use too, as their title suggests, all terrain :good:

Edited by chrispti

Cheers

Alan

to my mind thats top dollar for one as its getting on a bit now, get a quote for a cam belt change and knock that off the asking price to get to your offer. Obviously make sure all the engine numbers etc match the V5 and that the address is right. Why is there no history since 70K has he done it himself or not had it serviced? if the latter I'd walk away at that price