East Yorkshire Rifle Ranges

Having been shooting for ten years now I am thinking about putting in for a deer rifle.

I have been stalking on an estate in SW Scotland numerous times and am planning on doing DSC Level 1.

Most of my stalking would be bought days along with the occasional Roe on our game syndicate.

However I would obviously need somewhere for practice / zeroing.

Are there any rifle ranges in the East Yorkshire area which are suitable for this?

I know about the various rifle clubs and military ranges in the area but dont think you can just turn up as and when you want for 10 - 20 practice shots etc.

Thanks

Having been shooting for ten years now I am thinking about putting in for a deer rifle.

I have been stalking on an estate in SW Scotland numerous times and am planning on doing DSC Level 1.

Most of my stalking would be bought days along with the occasional Roe on our game syndicate.

However I would obviously need somewhere for practice / zeroing.

Are there any rifle ranges in the East Yorkshire area which are suitable for this?

I know about the various rifle clubs and military ranges in the area but dont think you can just turn up as and when you want for 10 - 20 practice shots etc.

Thanks

Paul, there's one in Beverley, near where the courts are, at the back of the council carpark. If you google it they have a website. I think they do archery too?!

I looked when I first moved here and couldn't find a fullbore range in East Yorks. The closest was the MoD range near York that has since been shut down. There are a few rimfire ranges and indoor ranges, but nothing for a rifle.

You'll need to either travel a ways or find a farm that will let you shoot (and is cleared, unless you have an open ticket).

Thanks

Rick

Cottondale has a 50m range @ £5 a day for non-members(or it was) and they like you to book 24hrs in advance. There is no rifle range at Humberside Shooting Ground apart from an indoor 10m air rifle range.

I think there is a range near Pontefract which may suit, although I can't remember the name.