Rifle camo

THEINVISIBLESCARECROW

For ages I thought gun camo was just multi coloured bling, then I thought it might be sort of usefull.

Now I regard covering the gun essential.

You might not see it when shouldering your rifle but It's like a flashing beacon in sunlight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gunvidder?feat...u/0/4EjURQXjQt4

Careful - I had that Jack Pyke tape on my gun for a while. It's pretty good camouflage, but it becomes like a sponge in the rain and will keep your gun soaking wet for hours! I took it all off after that and won't put it back on again.

If you're laying up and as still as can be, I don't think the sheen on a barrel will spook a rabbit. It's just like a piece of discarded farm hardware. Might help when stalking, but sound and movement of the body is much more obvious than the difference between shiny/dull barrel, I reckon.

just camo tape the moderator that way you only wreck the mod and not the blueing.years ago i did the barrel of a rifle ,and the adhesive reacted with the blueing,lifting it off like loose paint :mad: .never again :unsure: :hmm::lol:

To be fair though, the great feature of the Jack Pyke tape is that it's self-amalgamating - sticks to itself but not to the metal or wood underneath.

i wrap a scrim scarf aroung my barrel and cylinder. in my opinion the shine does spook woodys. you move a gun around with no scrim and it will really stand out. you wrap some scrim around it and it dose'nt. this is just m opinion anyway and i reckon camouflage is essential, just dont use tape, use scrim material.

I guess it all depends on what type of shooting you like to do..me!!! well im knocking on a bit now :shifty: so to lie up in a nice comfy position and take a few nice shots whilst all camo'd up.....(its an age thing) :ermm: suits me fine

not to much bling..but just enough to blend in with the surroundings

DSCF0765.jpg

jasp

matches in well with the Ghillie suit(£50) just need some camo cream.. for hands and face :o

DSCF0778-1.jpg

Just goes to show how important the hands and face are, the best cammo going is not going to help much if you are waving your hands around like flags, I have seen it in the field so many times, at dusk in particular, when any half decent cammo hides you away against the hedgerow, and hands and face stand out a mile. :hmm::lol:

Anyway... you haven't fooled the dog..he still knows you are there!! :yp: :welcomeani::lol::lol::P:P:P

Dipped :hmm: Blimey :welcomeani: when I was in the Army..they gave you one personal weapon...SLR 7.62.when you were out in the field..you had to camo up with whatever you could lay your hands on.... 3 hrs later you could be on the parade square with same gun looking like it was brand new :lol:

dekers..yes mate..you are so right about camo cream, and dubbing for the boots

I got to use the HW 100 last night on a Rabbit shoot for the 1st time,

It was packed with rabbits when we arrived..but the litle critters soon ran as soon as we turned up :welcomeani:

I wasnt wearing the ghillie suit..but had the real tree on....

My mate was on the back of his pick up with the NV and i was on the ground..as soon as one was spotted the lamps would go on

my mate said it was a very slow night (got to say...I loved it :hmm: ) it was my 1st lamping experience (apart from the rat shooting)

3 bunnies were shot (all head shots)

well well pleased with the HW100

jasp

just camo tape the moderator that way you only wreck the mod and not the blueing.

x2

TBH, I've never felt the need to get Sneaky Beaky'd up in a ghillie suit - it just seems like overkill to me.

Edited by Egg

thats the beautiful thing about shooting, Egg.... there are so many different ways of how you like to shoot your Quarry...

If Im out on my own..then I like to lay up and wait..watching all that goes on around me. <_<

but i also enjoy walking up..when you have a mate with you.

I do believe , you get out what you put in :lol:

and dressing up makes me feel young again :o :o :o

jasp