The N.Ireland Pigeon results

Jonnyni

Was out on Sat from 7.30 to 1.00 and shot 70 pigeons + 1 pheasant.

The weather was quite mild and had birds coming into the decoys from singles to approx 300 at any time. Quite amazingly 300 came in all fully commited and me and my mate managed to shoot the same bird :thumbs: .

Another couple of mates where out and got 58 and 35 and 70. So it was a good Saturdays shooting all in all.

The birds where decoying really well in fact I havn't seen the decoying so well in ages.

Pics will follow just havn't been oon the home PC yet.

PS mates just off the phone and shot 35 in two hours this morn including a white wood pigeon.

• 2 weeks later...

Was out on Sat. on a stubble field that I had been watching on Fri. The north wind suited that field too which helped the flight line. Shot 75 and ran out of carts, nearly went home for more carts but decided that a few pints where calling me plus the horse racing was looking good. Could have got the 100+ but we had a good enough morning.

Another couple of mate where out and shot 104 (you know who they are Colin).

The birds are thinning out and I don't think they will be here in big numbers for much longer.

Never in my lifetime have I seen so many pigeons around Comber (my home town), We covered 3 fields between the 6 of us and shot approx 200 pigoens today. Saw some flocks of around 2000+ pigeons abd had a great mornings shoting. I forgot to take the camera but I have them in my garage so i might take a photo tomorrow.

Christ there was some birds flying around North Down today.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyones got any big bags lately? saw a flock of 800+ birds yesterday and today, they're feeding in the same area( 3 or 4 big fields). hopefully get a shot at them maybe of saturday. Im in Co. Down banbridge/lurgan direction.

Ozo

Hi everyone.

I've been having a look at your banter over the past few months. Great to see so many having success at the pigeon. I shoot around North Down. Have'nt been doing as much as I would like this year, but had a good morning last weekend. 36 flighting :) most were stuffed full with clover and ivy berries

Hi Dazza

where about do you shoot? I'm up mostly around bangor/ards direction. I have been flighting them lately. i loved to get under them wiht decoys though. Seems from the banter that alot of birds are hanging out around Comber. Of course, you never can tell it poeple are tlaking a load of rubbish. :) I know there has been a fair few birds coming in to roost. not so sure what they are at during the day. Any I have managed to drop lately are full of clover and chickweed.