Recommend a sight for clays

RyanM

Hi guys,

Looking for a little advice to a sight for my Browning Sporter, for clays.

I've got 2 white dots on the ribs, can remove these, if so, how?

Whats the best replacement? Not worried about cost.

I've seen green glowing things?

You don't need all those Christmas trees on your gun, unless you have an eye dominance problem.

If it was me, I'd sack the white thing in the middle of the rib, and leave the one on the muzzle.

You're not supposed to be looking at the gun anyway, I shot for a long while with no beads on my gun at all.

I've put the white bead back on the end of mine now, don't know why, doesn't make any difference to me.

Sights are for rifles or people with wonky eyes :lol:

How do I remove the middle one? Can it be replaced ir is it for the bin, once taken off?

They're usually threaded. If you get hold of it gently with a pair of pliers (might be best to use a bit of padding) it will unscrew. :yes:

Unless some **** has superglued it :good:

The first gun i bought i put one on, i guess it's a learning curve , we are all looking for something that will help you to improve but , honestly most people that buy these things get rid of them pretty quickly.I soon discovered i was going backwards by starring at a piece of plastic instead of the clay. Concentrate on the clay, nothing else. from Auntie. :yes::good:

interesting reading the negative comments about the hi viz sights you can get as im actually toying with idea of sticking one on my browning. it was secondhand when i bought it and already had middle bead removed and just had front bead. il be honest and say that i look an awful lot at the end of my gun when shooting, as i feel i always need to know where it is in relation to the clay. and so with this theory im thinking of sticking a wee hiviz sight on mine, to make the gun stick out even more in my peripheral vision. but i totally know where others are coming from in saying that its best not to look to much at the gun, as you are usually stopping the gun at that stage. but its just the way i shoot

personally I use the bead alot , I use it as a reference point when measuring leads, but concentrating on the target not the bead.It must be said it depends on your method of shooting.

I would never take the beads off of my guns. As for a mid bead I think that is less important but can be useful for practicing gun mount in the house. A practice that many neglect. I think this is useful especially when you cant afford the time ,money or both to shoot for real. :yp:

I have tried all sorts of gizmo's to help me aim the gun. And that's what I did - aim - and miss!!

Now I start from "gun down" and no fibre optic sights or beads = end of aiming problem, and I now get a far better hit count.

It is a personal thing, I shot Target Rifle for years and "aiming" is a difficult habbit to break.