62 grain (FMJ) 223

Has anyone tried 62 grains (fmj) in a tikka t3 in 223 calibre (1:12 twist) if so what sort of results do you get?

No is the simple answer, as my T3 Lite Stainless is 1-8, I have used a couple of 62g FMJ, including the incredibly cheap Barnaul, it's ok in mine, but thats not going to be any help really as mine is 1-8.

Don't see why it shouldn't work though, weight wise I recon you will get away with it, if you have issues then look to try another type of 62gFMJ before you right off the weight, as the specific bullet type/manufacturer coud be the issue.

For some reason mine seems to shoot everything from 40g-75g, don't know why as all the maths would suggest it shouldn't, but it does! :sly::lol::rolleyes::/

Hi mate.....I use a T3 varmint with a 1:8 . I think you will find the 1:12 mightl not stabilise a heavy bullet, the 1:12 is for light and fast bullets.

A good site for info is http://www.6mmbr.com/223Rem.html. It might be ok at shorter ranges , only way to find out is try it :hmm: .

I use my 223 back to 600m with 75g A-max and for deer (Roe)/ fox 64grain soft point.

:good: