Ranging

deadeye ive

Just got back from a Weeks Body Boarding in N Devon and i see that Cranfields still having to be Busy in this section.

Any way ...........Heres a DECENT Topic to Chew on. :lol:

What technique do the lampers in this section use to judge distance (AT NIGHT :oops: )including any aids ,,,,,,,Lasers and scope beams etc!

Ive

Just got back from a Weeks Body Boarding in N Devon and i see that Cranfields still having to be Busy in this section.

Any way ...........Heres a DECENT Topic to Chew on. :)

What technique do the lampers in this section use to judge distance (AT NIGHT :lol: )including any aids ,,,,,,,Lasers and scope beams etc!

Ive

know my land, wont lamp a piece of land unless i know it like the back of my hand.

as such i know that the gate to that backstop is x yards

or use the laser

not much time for much else though

know my land, wont lamp a piece of land unless i know it like the back of my hand.

Yes Nick :)

There is no substitute for doing your homework where your own piece of land is concerned .

I depend on my vision outside the scope under lamp conditions .Wheres daylight is concerned however i'm bloody useless :lol: and have invested in a Rangefinder :*)

Any tips for making this handy tool more effective at Night.

Cheers Ive

PS........LB..........Devon was wet and superb with some fantastic surf .....Absolutley Brilliant..........Croyde Bay is the place.......Only wished i lived nearer mate :lol:

I believe it is possible to buy glow in the dark discs that permission permitting you can put out at intervals on the shoot. That way you can orientate yourself and take a lot of the guess work out!

Oh and Deadeye, ditch the Mc Donalds tea tray and get a proper board!

Waves are meant to be good down our way today!

On the golf range i use to throw a golf ball as far as i could and guess the distance at different stages of the approach.................Shoot at one at your own peril though :)" Rick o Shay" :lol:

Snakebite

Nearly right. :lol: ..............I find the bakers trays from Sainsburys better :P

As i live 5 mile from the Centre of England this is deffinetley not an Hobbie to invest a lot of money in .................You chaps that live near the sea don't know how lucky you are :lol:

Cheers

Ive

experience, knowing your shoot and a reasonable amount of skill, judging distance accurately ain't an easy art (especially at night) but once mastered you'll reap the rewards!

TIP: in long grass at night they look further than they actually are

in short grass they are actually further than you think! :lol:

Will swop Herne Bay with you any day Deadeye :lol::):lol:

LB

herne bay!!! i dream of living in herne bay! you should be lucky your not stuck in margate PML

oh how we love seagulls by the coast PML inland ist the foxes with the rubbish bags but you aint seen nothing till you have seen wed morning round here PML

as for the range finding in the dark, go for a .177 LOL (its a lot more forgiving)

ROB :P

On the golf range i use to throw a golf ball as far as i could and guess the distance at different stages of the approach.................Shoot at one at your own peril though :)" Rick o Shay" :lol:

Snakebite

Nearly right. :lol: ..............I find the bakers trays from Sainsburys better :P

As i live 5 mile from the Centre of England this is deffinetley not an Hobbie to invest a lot of money in .................You chaps that live near the sea don't know how lucky you are :lol:

Cheers

Ive

5 miles from the centre of England? Unlucky. I take a step outside and fall in the sea. Well, maybe not that close, but close enough.