Eley First Fibre

• 1 month later...

Bear with me I'm a newbie here. Justs started using Eley First 24g - might be me but when cleaning barrels there seems a lot more depoites in the barrells than when using plastic - is there something about fibre wad cartidges which means lot more cleaning of barrels or is just this make?

As I revisit this topic I still struggle, all my Eley Firsts have been perfectly capable and perfectly acceptable, but were FILTHY...something must have changed, every time you let one go a shower of black confetti comes out of the barrel as well!! :good::good::P

As I revisit this topic I still struggle, all my Eley Firsts have been perfectly capable and perfectly acceptable, but were FILTHY...something must have changed, every time you let one go a shower of black confetti comes out of the barrel as well!! :good::good::P

The wads now used are from what seems to be uncapped pulped newspaper. The wads before were 'Diana' type with a plastic-leaf capping. The latter would de-laminate as it passed through the choke.

As I revisit this topic I still struggle, all my Eley Firsts have been perfectly capable and perfectly acceptable, but were FILTHY...something must have changed, every time you let one go a shower of black confetti comes out of the barrel as well!! :P:P:P

The wads now used are from what seems to be uncapped pulped newspaper. The wads before were 'Diana' type with a plastic-leaf capping. The latter would de-laminate as it passed through the choke.

Hopefully the "Sport" at least there will be something to look at floating in the air!! :good::good: