FEO Visit impending, general advice required of the many.

Right, after months of waiting, (and lost cheques!), ive a visit from the feo in a few days.

Ive applied for hmr, .22 rim and .243.

I didnt put the mods on, just through lack of knowledge of the application process really.

And i intend to change the ,243 to a .223 as my permissions only require the .223 for muncjac and fox.

I want the mods as the area is used for among other things stables and a hotel not too far away, i also want them so i can bag a few bunnies in a sitting so i dont scare them all away for hours.

So, re these reasons adequate?

Ive put an ammo safe in and have 3 free sections in a 5 gun safe that i got when i got my sgc, is this all i need?

I applied for .22 and .17hmr as i was advised that both are good for bunnies for day/lamping, as well as the cost differrence between both.

What should i know prior to feo visit, any general information will be gratefully received,

Many thanks in advance,

jon. :yes:

Make sure the kettle's boiled and you've got chocolate digestives!

I don't know nuthin 'bout nuthin, but I think that if you apply for both 22rim and 17hmr, you'll probably only get 22rim because it seems like you would be happy with either and they'll always prefer to give you the 'safer' of the two. If noise is an issue, you might prefer 22rim anyway - I think the HMR can be obtrusive even with a moderator.

Will rifles with scopes fit in your shotgun safe?

Good luck!

get your feo to include moderaters for all three at your initial grant, good reason - health and safety of your hearing. you should get granted all three, short range bunnies, long range bunnies and fox / muntie. you need to know the capabilities of each rifle, what a safe backstop is and where the nearest paths and roads are to your shooting. good luck.

moderators are easy none complain about you adding them and usually ask if you want them added if you forget to apply for them. The rimfires should be straight forward but the centrefire will need more explaining and talking as they will want to know more about your firearms experience. You may get a mentor condition if they will grant it but its luck of the draw, its usually more a friendly chat to ***** you and your ability than anything more serious

if you have not done it for mods,ask for them on the visit,as they can be added.

the spooking horses is one you can use or to keep the noise to a minimum..most say for health and safety reasons,which covers a lot of things.

the hmr can shoot further for bunnies compared to the 22lr,that is a point you can use.

you gun cabinet is fine.

costs some would say is not a reason.so ignore that one to be honest.

know the safety apsects of a gun and mention if you have been out with anyone shooting any of these cal guns,which do help a lot.(providing that person will back you up,as the feo will speak to them).

think you have covered everything else. :yes:

good luck.

al

Cheers all, my firearms experience is fairly good.

My thoughts on applying for both 22 and 17 was that day shooting the 17hmr has more range and better trajectory, and at night lamping would generally be closer 22 territory, and quieter.

As for the 243/223, i sought advice on here before i applied and was advised to go for 243 as it covers all deer i may encounter, the only problem on my permission is with munc'ies stripping bark and so ill probably go for the 223, i cant really justify a 243 at the moment.

I was just wondering if they have any set no nos for justifying the mod's, but sounds like im ok.

Once again thanks for the advice, if anyone thinks of summit ive missed id appreciate a heads up,

cheers all :yes:

Have just filled in my application for fac,and have put same as you .22,.17,.223,for exactly same reasons you have stated, after taking advice off here and from others,only comments made so far were that i might have probs with 223,i have the land and the need as farmers want me to clear fox/muntjacs,so will see what happens,should get it signed by refs on thurs and then the long wait.

Have just filled in my application for fac,and have put same as you .22,.17,.223,for exactly same reasons you have stated, after taking advice off here and from others,only comments made so far were that i might have probs with 223,i have the land and the need as farmers want me to clear fox/muntjacs,so will see what happens,should get it signed by refs on thurs and then the long wait.

Good luck matey.

My FEO came around last night (shotgun Cert only).

Just be honest in your responces, be mindfull of safety (storage and shooting) and only answer his questions, don't elaborate too much. It sounds like you know about shooting / rifles.

Good luck

My FEO came around last night (shotgun Cert only).

Just be honest in your responces, be mindfull of safety (storage and shooting) and only answer his questions, don't elaborate too much. It sounds like you know about shooting / rifles.

Good luck

I take it in around 10 days youll be down the shop with cash/card in hand wanting to spend.

Good luck and enjoy, especially now the weather is threatening to get nice. :good:

Hopefully ill be rifling soon for the rabbits,

My permission is quite eager for me to get started as the last 2 guys who did it packed it in, and they suferred from some disease wich they seem to think was spread in by the wabbits.

Fingers crossed.