Legal "handgun" question.

Cranfield

20cm metal rod welded to the butt,

Do Shooting Clubs use these weapons in "practical firearms competitions" ?

Cranfield

I don't quite understand what your're descirbing here ............. Is it really 8" dia :thumbs:

My Club only runs competitions using Air pistols i'm afraid :lol:

They do however do Practical Shotgun Comps

Ive

I have someone suggesting to me that Clubs get round the handgun ban, by welding 20cm long metal rods to the butts of handguns, so they are beyond the legal length of a handgun.

The .358 Magnum, Beretta and Webley, were given as examples.

These weapons are used in "Practical Firearm Competitions".

You cannot simply take a normal handgun and weld a steel bar on to it to make it legal, because it will still be a section 5 firearm regardless.

The law states that ANY section 5 gun will ALWAYS be a section 5 gun regardless of what you do to it.

Just as a section 5 semi-auto fullbore rifle cannot be converted to fire single shot (thus making it a section 1), so a pistol cannot be converted to include a 12 inch barrel and a wrist brace. They must be MADE like it in the first place otherwise they will ALWAYS be a section 5.

G.M.

You must be a member of a club that has a range that will accommodate these guns. And even then you may not get one. :thumbs:

A friend of mine lives in Yorkshire and wanted one, but was told no. But! Just up the road, someone who belonged to the same club was allowed to buy one. ;) Doesn’t make sense does it.

The other thing that seems to be being placed in front of people as an obstacle, is the fact that some CCs are telling shooters that these pistols may be banned at some time in the future, :D and that anyone who has one WON’T be compensated. And at @ £700, it takes a bit of nerve to risk loosing something.

A blatant attempt to intimidate anyone from applying for one. :<

G.M.