22lr fragmenting ammo

I read an advert in one of the shooting mags recently for a 22lr round that fragments on impact therefore fetteling the legendry 22 riccochet, I think the maker was CCI and was wondering if anyone had tried them and if they were any cop or not, also what the prices were like and do they still have the same stopping power as a normal round.

Haven't tried them but have read an article saying that they are not all that good. Not rubbish but not exactly what was promised as they test fired loads of rounds and had quite a few ricochet off into the distance. I believe they were effective at killing but some did not fragment but those that did were recognized to impact multiple wound channels meaning better killing power. Hope it helps.

i have just started buying these, they shoot really well out of my ruger 10/22. Very accuate (maybe its just mine that likes them). Not tried them on the bunnies just yet but have undertaken some basic experiments in the house....

....not really, just pulled a couple apart and got some needle nose pliers in the hollow point and opened them up, the projectile split nicely into three sections with ease. this leads me to think that they would break up nicely and have MORE stopping power. i wouldn't like to see one used as a chest shot on small vermin (not that anyone shoots them in the chest) as it would make a hell of a mess. Head shots all the way.

Dare i say it they may well be suitable for very short range shots on fox (if your ticket allows you) because of their additional stopping power (tin hat on???)

i have spoken to a couple of rfd's about these and they all seem to say the same in that you get a reduced ricochet but it doesn't completly eliminate the possibilities.

the biggest issue i have with them is that they are pretty much twice the price of ely subs or similar. but then they are accurate as hell in my rifle so i'd rather pay the extra for more confidence in a killing shot (when i actually get out on them bunnies).

ATB

DD

I think I have about 18 left of the original box, I'm not desperately impressed.

I checked the zero before use, but seem to have more runners, don't quite understand it, perhaps it is just one of those things but I seem to have no confidence in them.

NOTHING will ever stop ricochets 100%, it happens on ALL my rifles, but apparently this helps reduce the possibility on the .22lr!

:lol: