Does anyone on here fit TV aerials?

pegleg31

our tv aerial needs replacing and was wondering how much it will cost me roughly to fit a new aerial and run the coax cable to a booster box?

the other thing is if there is anyone on here local to me that would like the work PM me

all the best

Russ

our tv aerial needs replacing and was wondering how much it will cost me roughly to fit a new aerial and run the coax cable to a booster box?

the other thing is if there is anyone on here local to me that would like the work PM me

all the best

Russ

nice offer pegleg, i've fitted a few and it doesn't take much to do, not sure of prices tho as all the gear was supplied, all i did was climb up in the loft and fix it to the rafters. Apparently, it's not the done thing to fix them to chimneys anymore as the brickwork is only single skin and it can break away easily. as a guide labour should be around £60, i used to charge £40 for labour only.

I need a new digi one was thinking about doing it myself as the existing one is in the loft and I was going to do a direct replacement for that one keeping it in the loft. Does this affect the signal in anyway?

I need a new digi one was thinking about doing it myself as the existing one is in the loft and I was going to do a direct replacement for that one keeping it in the loft. Does this affect the signal in anyway?

doesn't affect mine, is it free view or free sat?

(don't know anything about free sat)

although the size is important, get the bestest you can fit and afford.

nice offer pegleg, i've fitted a few and it doesn't take much to do, not sure of prices tho as all the gear was supplied, all i did was climb up in the loft and fix it to the rafters. Apparently, it's not the done thing to fix them to chimneys anymore as the brickwork is only single skin and it can break away easily. as a guide labour should be around £60, i used to charge £40 for labour only.

i've been out today and bought a new aerial,booster box and cable.not sure if it's the correct stuff though :angry:

i've been out today and bought a new aerial,booster box and cable.not sure if it's the correct stuff though :angry:

Why? did you get any advice on which one to get? or was it a B&Q special? too much signal is as bad as not enough, sometimes a booster isn't needed if the arial is large enough, it'll pick up more signal anyway depending on the area you live, do your neighbours have boosters fitted? It might be an idea to ask if you can see their set up if possible.

Why? did you get any advice on which one to get? or was it a B&Q special? too much signal is as bad as not enough, sometimes a booster isn't needed if the arial is large enough, it'll pick up more signal anyway depending on the area you live, do your neighbours have boosters fitted? It might be an idea to ask if you can see their set up if possible.

no i just went to maplin's as our aerial is'nt that good and noticed this morning it was hanging off.did'nt buy a cheapy though :angry: .the aerial was £49.99 and the booster anout £30.i hope the stuff i've got is ok as i'm no techie

you dont need a new aerial for digital your old one will do fine :angry:

Edited by holly

no i just went to maplin's as our aerial is'nt that good and noticed this morning it was hanging off.did'nt buy a cheapy though :angry: .the aerial was £49.99 and the booster anout £30.i hope the stuff i've got is ok as i'm no techie

you don't need to be a techie to fit a new aerial, you will need a power source for the booster tho, try just changing the aerial first, mount it in your loft if you have room, or on a pole fixed to your facia or barge board. If i was closer i'd come and do it for you, i hope there's someone nearby willing to help.

you don't need to be a techie to fit a new aerial, you will need a power source for the booster tho, try just changing the aerial first, mount it in your loft if you have room, or on a pole fixed to your facia or barge board. If i was closer i'd come and do it for you, i hope there's someone nearby willing to help.

As was said, try with out the booster first. If you have a bad signal or any dissruption in the signal, the booster could amplify it and make it much worse.

Not knowing which transmitter you receive from dose not help but if the aerial you have bought has black plastic plugs in the ends of the main beam, then you have wide band aerial which will do the job fine.

Check by looking at your neighbours and install it in the same way. Some aerials are mounted horizontal (elements flat to the ground) others vertical (elements pointing to the sky) make sure yours is the same as your neighbours.

Have you gone digital yet in your area and do you have a digital TV or box yet?

Sam.

As was said, try with out the booster first. If you have a bad signal or any dissruption in the signal, the booster could amplify it and make it much worse.

Not knowing which transmitter you receive from dose not help but if the aerial you have bought has black plastic plugs in the ends of the main beam, then you have wide band aerial which will do the job fine.

Check by looking at your neighbours and install it in the same way. Some aerials are mounted horizontal (elements flat to the ground) others vertical (elements pointing to the sky) make sure yours is the same as your neighbours.

Have you gone digital yet in your area and do you have a digital TV or box yet?

Sam.

i bought a booster because at the moment the aerial we have will only run one of the tv's.we're watching the tv through a sky box downstairs.i'm waitng for our telly to pack up before a buy a new digital one(it's been going for year's :good: ).

as for fitting it i'd much rather i had someone who know's what they're doing do it.as for power for the booster when i re-wired the house i put a socket in the loft.i'm pretty handy and don't mind having a go at stuff i'm sure about.when it's something i know nothing about i'd rather pay someone to do it :angry:

i bought a booster because at the moment the aerial we have will only run one of the tv's.we're watching the tv through a sky box downstairs.i'm waitng for our telly to pack up before a buy a new digital one(it's been going for year's :hmm: ).

as for fitting it i'd much rather i had someone who know's what they're doing do it.as for power for the booster when i re-wired the house i put a socket in the loft.i'm pretty handy and don't mind having a go at stuff i'm sure about.when it's something i know nothing about i'd rather pay someone to do it :good:

Conecting an aerial is much easier than an electrical re wire, if you did that, you could fit an areial in your sleep.

Sam. :angry: