Couple of bucks today,and one from last week.

sako751sg

post-18885-1273273789.jpg

post-18885-1273273810.jpg post-18885-1273273852.jpg

post-18885-1273273896.jpg post-18885-1273273945.jpg

post-18885-1273273968.jpg

The first buck isnt much of a story.Went down to Cockneyland for the Army v Navy rugby game last weekend,so went out on the Thursday evening to try for a buck.I knew there was a decent one but it started peeing down so took the first one that came out.16.5 kg clean and still in velvet.

Just a wee note on the rugby.Lost my phone in Richmond early hours of Sunday morning.Last place i remember having it was O,Neils pub,and as the battery had run out i just writ the phone off as lost.Flew home on the Sunday evening,and 2 days later gets a call from a cockney asking what address i wanted my phone sent to.He even apologised for it being two days to get in touch,and that he had to get a charger for it before he could phone a number off it.He didnt even want postage costs but i got his address and sent a bottle of voddie and a fiver down to him.Top bloke indeed.

Went out at 11 this morning to the wood with the big valley.Lovely day so i found a place to sit and wasnt bothered if anything turned up or not as the weather has been **** all week so it was good to get out.There were a couple of does out and a small buck in velvet but he was just off of my ground.At 12.25,i heard kids shouting from a school that must be a good 1.5 miles away,but with the wind they were very loud.Within 5 mins a buck came from the far side of the valley,and kept looking behind him to see where the noise was coming from.He wasnt hanging about to i pinged him with the rangefinder and he was 224 yards away.I changed the scope 2 clicks,and got on the engine room and shot.On the hit,the buck jumped and the hit looked bang on and the thud backed that up.He ran to the ditch,and then i thought he started running towards me so i moved down the bank ready to take another shot if needed.I was just ready when a doe went flying past,so i thought i had been mistaken about him coming in my direction.We waited ten minutes,and then made the way to where i thought he was at the shot.To cut a long story short,it took an hour and a quarter to find the first spot of blood.After finding that,i found another 4 spots over a distance of 50 yards,and was beginning to think i had only cracked a leg as blood was at a minimal.Luckily the last spot was at a fence,and since there was no blood on the fence there was only one way to go,so i put Rab in and he found it after less than a minute,only about 3 yards into some heavy cover which is impossible for us to get through.It took an hour and twenty seven minutes to find it,but shows how important it is to follow up properly.Turns out the shot was bang on,but hadnt exited hence the reason for lack of blood.He is 17kg clean and a seven point head.The pic is from the firing point and he was about 40 yards farther than the pond.

After that i moved about 20 miles to where i knew the good buck was.I grabbed a chipper and sat in the jeep before going to the march between two parks where i had seen them crossing regular.It was only about a 400 yard walk from the jeep and looks onto a wood with a good view of approx 500 yards of the line of trees.Its a place where they usually leave it till the very last to come out,but this time as soon as the sun had dissapeared a doe came out,quickly followed by the decent buck.I was sitting 300 yards from the trees,so was looking for them to come at least a hundred before shooting.The doe was heading straight for me,but he kept chasing her sideways,so i had to take the shot as they would soon be sky lined.I pinged him at 217 yards,and he was tricky to get onto,as he wouldnt stay still very long but with ten yards to spare he put his head down for a mouthfull and i got the shot.At the shot he went straight down and didnt move at all.When i gralloched him i found the bullet had hit high heart and was still in the skin without exiting.Lovely head,and should make a bronze.The pic is whats left of the 75 grain V-Max.

A lovely write up, just like being there without the wet bum and muddy boots.

Just an advisory note; a cockney by definition has to be borne within the sound of bow bells, so an East-Ender. You lost your phone in Richmond, which is in reality about as far west as you can go and still call it London (it's actually Surrey). This is most likely why your phone was returned. They probably couldn't bare to be see with it as it isn't the latest iPhone, it also explains the delay in finding a charger - most likely they had to travel to the closest poor part of town (Hammersmith) to find one.

A true East-Ender-Cockney type would have no doubt kept it and sent it home.... to Pakistan. :good:

Edited by mick miller

When things like what happened to you and your phone happen doesn't it restore your faith in human nature mate! And a very nice jesture you made in return! :good::lol:;)

Great write up and photos. Your posts always make interesting reading, well done and keep them coming!

Edited by Frenchieboy

A lovely write up, just like being there without the wet bum and muddy boots.

Just an advisory note; a cockney by definition has to be borne within the sound of bow bells, so an East-Ender. You lost your phone in Richmond, which is in reality about as far west as you can go and still call it London (it's actually Surrey). This is most likely why your phone was returned. They probably couldn't bare to be see with it as it isn't the latest iPhone, it also explains the delay in finding a charger - most likely they had to travel to the closest poor part of town (Hammersmith) to find one.

A true East-Ender-Cockney type would have no doubt kept it and sent it home.... to Pakistan. :P

I keep in touch with a few "cockneys" and they have all said the same as you did.Anywhere else but Richmond and i would never have seen it again. Saying that its not arrived yet.

nice write up fella, and good news about the phone

Cheers Nick,and it will be a relief when it gets here.So many farmers numbers on it and unfortunately i dont list them anywhere else.

When things like what happened to you and your phone happen doesn't it restore your faith in human nature mate! And a very nice jesture you made in return! :good:;);)

Great write up and photos. Your posts always make interesting reading, well done and keep them coming!

Cheers again fella.I couldnt believe when the lad phoned and as you say its great when someone does something like that.It was an outstanding weekend all round.Do it every year and the cockneys are great crack too.

And how about the Navy winning!! What a result :hmm::hmm::hmm:

And top result with the two bucks.

Ads

Ads,cant believe the puddle paddlers won fella.Absolutely gutted and the indiscipline let us down.You deserved it in the end,to turnaround a 50-7 loss last year to a win is something.Roll on next year,when the get back in their rightful place,second. :lol: And if you were there,how outstanding were the streakers this year.Second half i hardly saw any rugby.

And how about the Navy winning!! What a result :hmm::hmm::P

And top result with the two bucks.

Ads

And its taken a few years for that to happen ;) good to see them win for a change,it was getting boring seeing the Army win all the time :hmm::hmm: second half was spoilt by the streakers :P one or two is a laugh,but that many got silly ;) BB

Good result on the shooting sako :good: nice photos too :lol: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

post-18885-1273318308.jpg

This mornings buck

And its taken a few years for that to happen ;) good to see them win for a change,it was getting boring seeing the Army win all the time :hmm::hmm: second half was spoilt by the streakers :P one or two is a laugh,but that many got silly ;) BB

Good result on the shooting sako :good: nice photos too :lol: BB

It was a bit much right enough,except when the babes got their kit off.Wish i had taken the swarovskis with me for them.Zorro was a class act though.

Edited by sako751sg

nice bucks

The answer to your phone is simple its because you were at a rugby match. Had it been football you wouldn't have lost it it would have been stolen :good:

Im sure you wrote something,but my eyes seem to be drawn to your avatar and not your quote.Oh well,im sure ill get round to it sometime.You are right though.