Blue or Orange

Ok, it was only about a year ago I saw (and shot) my first fox with Blue eyes.

I was out last night and found one whos eyes changed from blue to orange in apparently a blink...very obviously blue, and very obviously orange.

Fotunately I was accompanied and we both saw it several times, I'm no optician and this is new to me, any suggestions how this can happen?

Didn't shoot this one, it was on the neighbours land and refused to come in!!

Cheers.

:oops:

Ok, it was only about a year ago I saw (and shot) my first fox with Blue eyes.

I was out last night and found one whos eyes changed from blue to orange in apparently a blink...very obviously blue, and very obviously orange.

Fotunately I was accompanied and we both saw it several times, I'm no optician and this is new to me, any suggestions how this can happen?

Didn't shoot this one, it was on the neighbours land and refused to come in!!

Cheers.

:good:

I have no idea myself, only a suggestion but would it have been the postion of the fox's head changing; i.e. the light shining of the eyes at a different angle?

My mate reckons he can Id foxes by their eye colour ;) no chance.

I have noticed that whichever direction the fox is looking and however far away it is, the colour seems to change. You get orange, blue, green, yellow and white.

If you use a filter, they shine back the same colour as you are shining at them

Can't explain why though :blink:

I have no idea myself, only a suggestion but would it have been the postion of the fox's head changing; i.e. the light shining of the eyes at a different angle?

Went through our minds as well, I just don't know, it's a new one to me, but 2 eyes clearly seen as Blue and Orange :good::lol:

My mate reckons he can Id foxes by their eye colour :good: no chance.

I have noticed that whichever direction the fox is looking and however far away it is, the colour seems to change. You get orange, blue, green, yellow and white.

If you use a filter, they shine back the same colour as you are shining at them

Can't explain why though :lol:

Interesting one, not seen any particular variation from Orange generally, goes a bit yellow or red perhaps, certainly not seen all those variations!! :lol: