Sending to RFD query.

Hiya, Another naive question from a total novice to this sort of thing..... ;) ...in the near future, I'm hoping to be buying some guns, which might have to be sent to my RFD...now, today when I was in, he told me, yep, we can do that for you, and the cost is £25 ...thing is, I didnt think to ask till after leaving the shop....is this £25 from him, and £25 from the seller?? Or £25 for the whole deal?? :blink:

Thanks in advance guys..:w00t:

These are hard times and people will do deals, if your buying a gun from a distant dealer try and get them to include carriage in the deal, many will do it for £15 and as for the Rfd recieving it, well they can charge what they like but how much will they value many years of your trusty business.

As my missus will say,' It wont cost ya nowt ta try'.

I don't think there are any 'set by law' fixed charges.

Hiya, Another naive question from a total novice to this sort of thing..... :P ...in the near future, I'm hoping to be buying some guns, which might have to be sent to my RFD...now, today when I was in, he told me, yep, we can do that for you, and the cost is £25 ...thing is, I didnt think to ask till after leaving the shop....is this £25 from him, and £25 from the seller?? Or £25 for the whole deal?? :D

Thanks in advance guys..:D

I recently sent my first gun via rfd and was pleasantly surprised when my rfd said £10!! I havent asked how much to recieve a gun for me but if its the same i will be well happy :big_boss:

Another rfd even closer to me refused to sent it!! I think it cost he is **** and doesnt know his **** from his elbow and i have sold more guns than him lately!!!hahahahah

Edd

Hiya, Another naive question from a total novice to this sort of thing..... :big_boss: ...in the near future, I'm hoping to be buying some guns, which might have to be sent to my RFD...now, today when I was in, he told me, yep, we can do that for you, and the cost is £25 ...thing is, I didnt think to ask till after leaving the shop....is this £25 from him, and £25 from the seller?? Or £25 for the whole deal?? :P

Thanks in advance guys..:D

Once again, it is being suggested that two RFDs are needed, and this is not the case.

Any RFD that has secure courier services arranged through the Gun Trade Association's TNT service- or BASC's Parcel Force arrangements can arrange to have your purchased gun/s collected directly from the seller whether they are an RFD or a SGC holder.

There is no requirement for a SGC seller to take the gun to a local RFD before it is transported to the destination RFD.

The only time two RFDs need to be involved is when the seller is an RFD, as even if they have secure transport arrangements, they cannot deliver to a SGC holder, it has to be to another RFD who hands over the gun and completes the paperwork

The charges you pay are, the cost of carriage, and a fee for the admin which is completing your certificate and reporting the transaction to the FLD.

Edited by clayman