Home made knife

Dunkield

As we are in "here's one I made earlier" mode, here is a picture of the knife I made last year.

It was made from a kit supplied by Attleborough Acessories, the kit consists of raw materials, not all done like some that can buy.

What you get is a lump of wood, a sheet of leather, the blade, a piece of antler (horn as they call it) the brass collar and a plastic insert for the sheath.

Once glued up all that is left to do is to file and sand it all to shape and then make your sheath.

Mine was blooded a couple of weeks ago gralloching a Muntac and it performed pretty well, the steel isn't a good as my Gerber but it a lot easier to sharpen as a result!

I want to do a damascus blade sometime, but have a feeling I will loose it if I take it out into the field as I do with anything expensive :*)

HPIM0152__Small_.JPG

Edited by stuartp

Have you seen ther T-shirts you can get with the motto: My job went to India and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"? Made me laugh as my old department from BT now lives there!

Nice looking blade that. Wouldn't mind doing something similar, but I don't go out after deer myself and the Buck does for all my needs with the stuff I do go out after.

Wookie

Cheers Mate,

Problem is the kits are £30 + your time and the bits and bobs you need to do decent job. So I made it for only for the interest and keeping off the streets and away from the relatives last Christmas :thumbs:

A Gerber Freeman is only about £50 and I would say they are one of the best knives availble today.