venison

digger

never tasted venison? describe it for me , keep meaning to, surpose i will have to go shopping one day :blink:

Like a thousand pixies dancing on your tongue.

Or rather a fat and colesterol free meat (or as near as damn it) that is dark like beef and of a similar texture but with a gamier flavour.

Not doing that well, sorry.

Went Xmas shopping today to Horsham in Sussex and blow me down there was a GAME DEALER with a stall!!

I was really surprised to see him. I wanted to buy something to show support for him but the wife didn't really fancey what he had for sale, that and we have a freezer full at the moment!

I smiled at the rabbits he had for sale £2.50 each!!

Venison is absolutely fantastic. Better than beef, better than just about everything.

Funny you should mention the local game dealer thing. I keep missing the local farmers' market as they hold it here on a friday. Not a lot of use to me really. I should make an effort though as I know he gets hare in and he said that he's getting in some wild duck soon. If it goes well and my latest plan comes to fruition, I should be able to supplement that with some pigeon and rabbit of my own!

Wookie