Norica Dragon .22

SystonGame

norica_dragon_black.jpg

Specification

Cal.--------- Weight------Total Length-----Barrel Length------Speed------- Energy

5.5mm (.22)----2.9kg---------- 1,16m----------0.484m----------250 m/s--------22.3 joules

*Note that this model shown comes with the Hogun Silencer and a 4 x 32 mill dot Nikko Stirling

Scope.

Other Features

A spiral grove has been milled down the barrel for accuracy. Rifle is totally ambidextrous, cheek

piece is comfortable and so is the butt stock, both made out of ventilated rubber.

Pellet Recommendations

Predator Pellets

JSB-predator-22-1.jpg

Bisley-Premier

bisley-premier-22350.jpg

H&N Hollow Point

hp-22-350.jpg

Conclusion

A great hunting rifle with accurate ranges of 50ft* plus, targets such as birds, rabbits and pretty

much any other small mammal can be dropped from Norica Dragon. Even a novice will be able

to harass targets up to 100ft*. A weighty rifle but you will still receive a significant kick as of any

spring loaded .22’s.

I would recommend ditching the 4x scope most packs will come with and spending another

£50 or so on a 3-9 50 scope. With the 4x scope and silencer the rifle came to £220 so a very reasonable price

for a decent hunting rifle.

After a session last week, I was impressed by the accuracy and the stopping power, but

however that might be the HN hollow points. I have so far racked up 2 crow and 3 pigeons with

the Dragon but the real test will come when I go Hunt` me some rabbits later this month, I will

post with pics!

Edited by SystonGame

Conclusion

A great hunting rifle with accurate ranges of 50m plus, targets such as birds, rabbits and pretty

much any other small mammal can be dropped from Norica Dragon. Even a novice will be able

to harass targets up to 100m. A weighty rifle but you will still receive a significant kick as of any

spring loaded .22’s.

I would recommend ditching the 4x scope most packs will come with and spending another

£50 or so on a 3-9 50 scope. With the 4x scope and silencer the rifle came to £220 so a very reasonable price

for a decent hunting rifle.

After a session last week, I was impressed by the accuracy and the stopping power, but

however that might be the HN hollow points. I have so far racked up 2 crow and 3 pigeons with

the Dragon but the real test will come when I go Hunt` me some rabbits later this month, I will

post with pics!

You are talking about an air rifle aren't you?!

hmm...in the eyes of the law any air rifle above 12ftlb is a firearm. and taking game at 50m plus is one thing but your scarcely going to flatten a knockdown target at 100m. i know guys with 30ftlb daystate airwolfs, one the most technilogicaly advaned air rifles ever, who wont go past 70yrds on a good day

edit- also according to my calculations, that rifle is doing roughly 17ftilb with a 16grain pellet which is not enough to go past 50m

Edited by aaron airgunner

hmm...in the eyes of the law any air rifle above 12ftlb is a firearm. and taking game at 50m plus is one thing but your scarcely going to flatten a knockdown target at 100m. i know guys with 30ftlb daystate airwolfs, one the most technilogicaly advaned air rifles ever, who wont go past 70yrds on a good day

edit- also according to my calculations, that rifle is doing roughly 17ftilb with a 16grain pellet which is not enough to go past 50m

250m/s is 820 ft/s.... dont think that gun is doing that speed with a 16 grain pellet.

That 820ft/sec are brand specifics, in real life this gun is going on much lower speed.

For example a .22 HW95 has 15ftlbs at the muzzle with a 16grain pellet.... (mind the 50 yards score :) ) http://www.straightshooters.com/ourtake/ot...doublegold.html

Talking 30 ftlbs.. I had a couple pcp airguns in the past, and believe me, you dont need the technology of a Gaystate to pass the 70 yards :w00t: .

BSA Techstar (36ftlbs) Logun solo (28ftlbs), Webley patriot (26ftlbs) Gunpower SS (45ftlbs) Theoben Eliminator (27ftlbs)... they doing really wel at 100m. A Fac S200 (16ftlbs .177) made 13mm groupings at 100m in the Netherlands (thats 109 yards :yahoo: )

Norica Dragon 800fps at 50m with 16gr (at 30ft lbs near as damn it) :w00t:

I dont see the point if your going fac air id go for a pcp where you can adjust the power otherwise i dont see the advantage of a cheapo springer being made to push 30ftlbs (its not going to be exactly brilliantly made - incidently if you are going to push it to that level why not use a theoben gas ram - its more consistent and better in my opinion) over a 22rf or 17 hmr.

Edited by JamesLeic