electronic ear defenders advice please

can anyone recommend a good set of electronic ear defenders please , i've started to have a pain in my right ear after a good days pigeon shooting i've tried a cheap pair of peltor ones but find them both uncomfortable and and like shooting in a vacuum (not hearing pigeons coming in etc) many thanks

can anyone recommend a good set of electronic ear defenders please , i've started to have a pain in my right ear after a good days pigeon shooting i've tried a cheap pair of peltor ones but find them both uncomfortable and and like shooting in a vacuum (not hearing pigeons coming in etc) many thanks

There is quite a lot on other threads here. I recently bought a pair of Deben Slimline electronic hearing protectors and I am impressed. They make the background noise sound like you aren't wearing anything, but as soon as a shot sounds, they cut out for about a second, so you aren't deafened. They don't really amplify sound, just reproduce it at a realistic level. You can alter the volume on each earpiece - useful for me as I am nearly deaf in the right ear. Not cheap at £89, but I saw some on Fleabay yesterday for about £30, so shop around. Because they are stereo, a mate of mine who pigeon shoots says he can even tell where the pigeons are coming from, so they seem to do the job>

I have some Peltor sportacs which are great in so much as they do everything they claim (mute the noise from the gun and amplify talking, etc), but.............to be honest I find it off-putting that you can hear everyone talking when your on the stand, so I started turning them right down and now I turn them off completely. So I'd be just as well with some ear defenders.

Although I do have some for work with a built in radio. :good::yes:

Hi there,

I have a cheap pair of Debens but recently purchased a pair of MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X and I must say the are fantastic. Comfortable, light, waterproof and great sound quality and would recommend them.

I also highly recommend the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X's. I bought a pair a couple of weeks ago with the gel ear seals. Pricey but very good. :good:

Guest cookoff013
Peltor Sportacs for me. Cost me about £90 but worth every penny. When out shooting alone I turn the sensitivity right up and you have bionic hearing just like having amps strapped to your head

+1 for the sportac.

if i ever lost the pair i`ve got, i`d instantly buy another pair.

well worth the 100 od quid 2-3 years back.

it is offputting having your mates put you off with the duck calls when clayshooting. hearing a mouse **** at 400 yards does have its advantages.

ferreting with them is great, hear the first squeak then load up and wait.

the only downside of bionic hearing, is walking through tall wheat. sounds like you are walking through a scrapyard !

Went clay busting with a PWer who had a pair of these and kindly let me try them. Since bought a pair and really chuffed with them. Got mine off this seller on fleabay

Had a pair of the Howard Leights for 2 years now very good value for money and dead good

Neil

Edited by sodit