Ever heard of these shotguns?

Colster

Have a hankering to ditch my trusty Uggie SBS for an O/U and been offered a couple of nice looking ones in under my meagre budget (it doesn't get a lot of use so £200 is tops) but I've never heard of either of them. I'm not looking for anything uber but also want to avoid an out and out turkey.

The makes are Verney Carron and Boito

Hi, Verney Carron is a good solid French maker since 1810. On the other hand, Boito is a Brazilian (I think) maker but not in the same class. I would go for the VC subject to condition.

Cheers

I agree. Boito are definitely Brazillian. Mate had one. Crudely made and at the bottom end of the market. At £40 for a minter, I might consider one.

Hi, Did you/ are you going to buy it?

Cheers

Still thinking about it, I've got friday off so was going to go over and have a chat with the RFD about it (see what I might get in P/X for my Uggie) but been offered some deer stalking on Friday (starting at 4am!) so that's Friday taken care of.

Deal done! Took the Uggie in and he offered me £125 for it, not bad considering I paid £75 for it.

Given recent events though I was quite nervous about walking through the town (on market day too) with a shotgun but no drama in the end. Looks like it will get it's first outing on some air rats tomorrow.

Deal done! Took the Uggie in and he offered me £125 for it, not bad considering I paid £75 for it.

Given recent events though I was quite nervous about walking through the town (on market day too) with a shotgun but no drama in the end. Looks like it will get it's first outing on some air rats tomorrow.

Hi, *****r, now really rub it in and tell me it is fixed choke around about 1/4 by 3/4.

Well done, mate, enjoy.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi, my second gun is a AYA Matador, single trigger but at least the selector is where it should be. I do prefer DT and as the VC is and is choked as you say, I may have thought about it if you had passed on it.

Cheers

Just checked and it's actually 1/2 and 3/4 choke. He did also have a Baikal in there for the same money though and that was choked 1/4 and 3/4, was a bit of a toss-up as to which to go for really, DT ejector. 14.5" LOP

post-17403-1276170335.jpg

Edited by Colster