Little Phone Call

Well they always say, if you dont ask you don't get. Well after a chat with my FEO and a few standard inquiries made by him. I'm glad to report that he shouldn't see any reason why i shouldn't have my variations granted for my .223. He said he'll send a form out and for me to fill in and and send back and i should be in business. Even though i'v only had had my FAC for 10 months, he was happy with what my shooting buddy ( who is also know to him ) said about my General safety and attitude towards fires arms, and there was no problem with the amount of land i had to shoot on. So with in a week or 2 i should be off down my local dealers with about £1100 to spend on a gun and good glass to sit on top of it. Needless to say i'm beaming happy :good:;) . But as stated in the beginning of my post, if you dont ask you dont get. I asked and gladly i got :) :)

ATB

Gareth.

Edited by deputy dog

what did u go for mate
Its in my post Liam. .223 i put in for, didn't think i'd have it granted after only 10 months of having my ticket. Even though i have learned a lot of experience and knowledge about all aspects of FAC shooting. But i'm really happy they seen fit to say yes. Like i said, if you dont ask you dont get.

ATB

GARETH :)

I don't know if it's different elsewhere, but in Avon and Somerset it's not the FEO who makes the decission as to whether your variation is to be accepted. They are there as an intermediate between you and the department. The department will not ask your FEO should you be granted the variation, but will do their own background work as to suitability/experience/safety. What I'm saying is just because the FEO says it's fine, doesn't mean the department will take the same opinion.

The people behind the scenes certainly aren't just admin. With your variation there is no interview and you may not have even approached your FEO regarding the variation. So they look at their own info and use their judgement for a decission, not always the FEO's.

That is very true I have a

had my fac about 12 months and iv been granted my 243 which I am very plzed about for deer and vermin so now to go pick up my rifle in a week or two plzed to hear u got ur 223 mate I take it ur useing it for fox? Or have u got other things in mind

I want it mainly for foxes Liam. I'm happy with my HMR and have had good times bashing bunnies and crows out in the field. But when it came down to foxes i always seemed to rebate from taking foxes on with it, even when they have been well inside the distance i know it would kill them cleanly with a well placed shot. And i just got frustrated thinking i wanted a bigger caliber so i could take them on with the confidence of getting a clean kill every time, even at distance. And now i got the bigger caliber coming, i'l be more then willing to take the shot if an when the chance arises and its safe to take it. Hopefully in the near future there will be a few pictures from my early sorties with my new gun out on the fox.

ATB

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

The people behind the scenes certainly aren't just admin. With your variation there is no interview and you may not have even approached your FEO regarding the variation. So they look at their own info and use their judgement for a decission, not always the FEO's.

Just put in for mine and was told to expect a call from FEO within 3/4 weeks